Django application to manage PO files for project translations
PO Projects is a first attempt to build a PO file management factory like, somehow like Transifex, but more simplest.
Principle is to have a frontend board to create new PO project from a POT file to import, then add it and manage language translation and finally export all these PO to include it in your app (django or another).
This is in beta staging, models are not stable yet, there is no documentation and frontend is far from usable, you’ve be warned!
Actually we have
- View to create new project from a PO/POT file;
- View to create new project translation and edit them;
- View to export project translations as PO files;
- View to export an archive (zip/tarball) of all translations as PO files from a project;
- Manage fuzzy mode for translations;
For beta staging this should implement
- Form to import a catalog (PO) to update a catalog;
- Better global ergonomy;
- Better model admin;
- Permission restriction;
- User authoring to know who has done what;
- External API access to get PO files or global project archive from external tools (like Optimus or a Django app from an external site) ?
- Restrict external API access
External API access
We should need of two clients :
- One for Django webapp, shipped as a Django app that only exposes a command line tool, no needs of model;
- One for Optimus, allready shipped as a new command line tool;
The access to the API need to be protected and restricted to avoid that anyone can download and/or edit project translations.
API actions should be :
- Export project, this will send a tarball containing the locale directory to overwrite the one in the destination project (in the django or optimus project, not the translation project stored in Po-Projects);
- Receiving new POT file to update a project template and catalogs;