Solves power flow and optimal power flow problems
- DC and AC (Newton’s method & Fast Decoupled) power flow and
- DC and AC optimal power flow (OPF)
PYPOWER depends upon:
It can be installed using pip:
$ pip install PYPOWER
Alternatively, download and unpack the tarball and install:
$ tar zxf PYPOWER-4.x.y.tar.gz $ python setup.py install
Installing PYPOWER creates pf and opf commands. To list the command options:
$ pf -h
PYPOWER includes a selection of test cases. For example, to run a power flow on the IEEE 14 bus test case:
$ pf -c case14
Alternatively, the path to a PYPOWER case data file can be specified:
$ pf /path/to/case14.py
The opf command has the same calling syntax. For example, to solve an OPF for the IEEE Reliability Test System and write the solved case to file:
$ opf -c case24_ieee_rts --solvedcase=rtsout.py
Questions and comments regarding PYPOWER should be directed to the mailing list:
License & Copyright
Copyright (C) 1996-2011 Power System Engineering Research Center
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Richard Lincoln
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Version 4.1.2 (2014-10-27)
Version 4.1.1 (2014-09-17)
- [FIX] loadcase.py: Fixed NumPy 1.9 warning about “== None” comparisions.
Version 4.1.0 (2014-05-29)
- [NEW] Support for Python 3 (3.3 and above).
- [CHANGE] Updated to MATPOWER 4.1.
- [REMOVED] Support for Python 2.5 and below.
Version 4.0.1 (2011-07-14)
- [CHANGE] printpf.py: changed boolean operators from bitwise to logical to fix the output options
- [FIX] savecase.py: adding indentation to produce valid Python modules
Version 4.0.0 (2011-07-07)
Initial release, port of MATPOWER version 4.0
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|PYPOWER-4.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (380.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Oct 27, 2014|
|PYPOWER-4.1.2.tar.gz (249.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 27, 2014|