A pluggable command-line frontend, including commands to setup package file layouts
This is a pluggable command-line tool.
It includes some built-in features;
- Create file layouts for packages. For instance, paste create --template=basic_package MyPackage will create a setuptools-ready file layout.
- Serving up web applications, with configuration based on paste.deploy.
The latest version is available in a Subversion repository.
Changes in 1.6
- Added commands paster request config.ini URL and paster post config.ini URL < post-body, that allow you to do artificial requests to applications.
- Check the writability of the pid and log files earlier. This caused particular problems if you started it in daemon mode, and the files weren’t writable. From Chris Atlee.
- Start the monitor (when using --monitor) after daemonizing, so that paster serve --monitor --daemon works (before it would constantly restart).
- In Paste Script templates, you can give should_echo=False in variable definitions, and if the user is queried for the variable then the input will not be echoed (as for a password). From Dirceu Pereira Tiegs.
- Added a method paste.script.appinstall.Installer.template_renderer, which can be used to override template substitution with paster make-config. The function is similar to the same function used with paster create templates.
- Remove --daemon option from Windows, as it depends on os.fork
- When using paster create and inserting text with a -*- marker, multi-line text will no longer be reinserted.
- Improved output when skipping templates with paster create.
- When starting a server with paster serve --daemon and the pid file exists and describes a running process, do not start another process.
- Added umask option to egg:PasteScript#flup_fcgi_thread/fork.
- Deprecate the flup entry points, as flup now has the necessary entry points in its own package.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size PasteScript-1.6-py2.4.egg (226.5 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size PasteScript-1.6-py2.5.egg (223.6 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size PasteScript-1.6.tar.gz (117.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|