The Plone Content Management System
Plone is a user friendly and extensible Content Management System running on top of Python and Zope.
Its features include RDBMS integration, Python extensions, Object Oriented Database, Web configurable workflow, pluggable membership and authentication, Undos, Form validation, and many other features. Available protocols: FTP, XMLRPC, HTTP and WEBDAV Turn it into a distributed application system by installing ZEO.
For more information on Plone features, see https://Plone.com
Plone shares some of the qualities of Livelink, Interwoven and Documentum. It is the most secure, open source feature-complete out-of-the-box publishing system.
What is Plone?
Plone is a ready-to-run content management system that is built on the powerful and free Zope application server. Plone is easy to set up, extremely flexible, and provides you with a system for managing web content that is ideal for project groups, communities, web sites, extranets and intranets.
- Plone is easy to install. You can install Plone with a a click and run installer, and have a content management system running on your computer in just a few minutes.
- Plone is easy to use. The Plone Team includes usability experts who have made Plone easy and attractive for content managers to add, update, and maintain content.
- Plone is international. The Plone interface has more than 35 translations, and tools exist for managing multilingual content.
- Plone is standard. Plone carefully follows standards for usability and accessibility. Plone pages are compliant with US Section 508, and the W3C’s AAA rating for accessibility.
- Plone is Open Source. Plone is licensed under the GNU General Public License, the same license used by Linux. This gives you the right to use Plone without a license fee, and to improve upon the product.
- Plone is supported. There are over three hundred developers in the Plone Development Team around the world, and a multitude of companies that specialize in Plone development and support.
- Plone is extensible. There is a multitude of add-on products for Plone to add new features and content types. In addition, Plone can be scripted using web standard solutions and Open Source languages.
- Plone is technology neutral. Plone can interoperate with most relational database systems, open source and commercial, and runs on a vast array of platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris and BSD.
Plone is a content management framework that works hand-in-hand and sits on top of Zope, a widely-used Open Source web application server and development system. To use Plone, you don’t need to learn anything about Zope; to develop new Plone content types, a small amount of Zope knowledge is helpful, and it is covered in the documentation.
Zope itself is written in Python, an easy-to-learn, widely-used and supported Open Source programming language. Python can be used to add new features to Plone, and used to understand or make changes to the way that Zope and Plone work.
By default, Plone stores its contents in Zope’s built in transactional object database, the ZODB. There are products and techniques, however, to share information with other sources, such as relational databases, LDAP, filesystem files, etc.
Plone runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and many other platforms; double-click installers are available for Windows and Mac OS X, and RPM packages are available for Linux. For full information, see the documentation.
- Add plone.restapi as a dependency. [timo]
- Release Plone 5.2a2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.2a1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1.4 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1.3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1.2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1.1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1rc2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1rc1
- Release Plone 5.1b4 [esteele]
- Add link to Plone.com and tweak intro [tkimnguyen]
- Release Plone 5.1b3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1b2 [esteele]
- Remove plone.app.openid from core, still available as addon package. [jensens]
- Release Plone 5.1b1 [esteele]
- Be sure to require archetypes.multilingual even if it’s not required as a dependency of plone.app.multilingual. [davisagli]
- Release Plone 5.1a2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.1a1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0.2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0.1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0rc3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0rc2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0rc1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0b4 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0b3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0b2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0b1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 5.0a3 [esteele]
- Move plone.app.theming dependency into Products.CMFPlone. [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3.4 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3.3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3.2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3.1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3b2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3b1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3a2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.3a1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.2.1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.2rc2 [esteele]
- Add explicit dependencies on some zope.app libraries, to ensure they stay included during the 4.2 series. [hannosch]
- Release Plone 4.2rc1 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.2b2 [esteele]
- Release Plone 4.2b1 [esteele]
4.2a2 - 2011-08-25
- Release Plone 4.2a2 [esteele]
4.2a1 - 2011-08-08
- Release Plone 4.2a1 [esteele]
4.1 - 2011-07-12
- Release Plone 4.1 final [esteele]
4.1rc3 - 2011-06-02
- Release Plone 4.1rc3 [esteele]
4.1rc2 - 2011-05-21
- Release Plone 4.1rc2 [esteele]
4.1rc1 - 2011-05-20
- Release Plone 4.1rc1 [esteele]
4.1b2 - 2011-04-06
- Release Plone 4.1b2 [esteele]
- Depend on wicked now that Products.CMFPlone doesn’t. [davisagli]
4.1b1 - 2011-03-04
- Release Plone 4.1b1 [esteele]
4.1a3 - 2011-02-14
- Release Plone 4.1a3 [esteele]
4.1a2 - 2011-02-10
- Include plone.app.caching as an optional, shipped add-on. [esteele]
4.1a1 - 2011-01-18
- Separate Products.CMFPlone from the Plone egg. [elro]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Plone-5.2b1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (4.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|Plone-5.2b1.tar.gz (18.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|