a friendly yet powerful LR-parser written in Python
Plyplus is a general-purpose parser built on top of PLY (http://www.dabeaz.com/ply/), written in python, with a slightly different approach to parsing.
Most parsers work by calling a function for each rule they identify, which processes the data and returns to the parser. Plyplus parses the entire file into a parse-tree, letting you search and process it using visitors and pattern-matching.
Plyplus makes two uncommon separations: of code from grammar, and of processing from parsing. The result of this approach is (hopefully) a cleaner design, more powerful grammar processing, and a parser which is easier to write and to understand.
- Automatically builds an AST. Customizable in grammar (expand and flatten nodes automatically)
- Selectors: run powerful queries on the AST
- Rule operators mimicking regular expressions (supported: parentheses, ‘|’, ‘*’, ‘?’, and ‘+’)
- Comes with a full, flexible, Python grammar
- Nested grammars (a grammar within a grammar. Useful for HTML/CSS, for example)
- Automatic line counting
- From PLY: Readable errors, Debug mode
- And more! …
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size PlyPlus-0.7.5.tar.gz (233.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|