rapid development of embarrassingly parallelizable applications
Poly provides a framework for rapidly developing distributed applications where the number of work units to be performed is known in advance. It automatically handles many of the hassles of distributed computing, such as:
- assigning work units to jobs
- reassembling one output file from the standard outputs of many jobs
- copying files between servers and execution hosts
- cleaning up temporary files on execution hosts
- job and I/O throttling to reduce load on servers
Poly currently includes drivers for running under Platform LSF and in standalone mode, but drivers for other distributed computing environments can be added easily.
Poly also includes applications to distribute processing directly from the shell, with no additional programming needed.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Poly-0.1.1-py2.5.egg (34.2 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Poly-0.1.1.tar.gz (26.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|