AddRemoveWidget + ComboBoxWidget for Plone
AddRemoveWidget + ComboBoxWidget
by Martin Aspeli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is a replacement for KeywordWidget which permits you to add items from a vocabulary (and optionally new items) using a pair of selection boxes with “add” and “remove” buttons to transfer items between them. It overlaps in functionality with InAndOutWidget, but does not suffer from InAndOut’s requirement for all items in the “target” list to be selection upon form submission. I believe InAndOut does not allow textual items to be added by the user, though it does support adding of referenced objects, which AddRemove does not. You are advised to test both to find out which one is more suitable for your needs.
Please see the docstring in AddRemoveWidget.py for a list of options you may pass to the widget to configure it.
You can also use the widget standalone, by defining a couple of variables (notably fieldName and vocabulary) and include the macro add_remove_box from widget_addremove.pt. See the comment in that file for details.
Also included is a ComboBoxWidget - it can be seen as supporting the same use case, when only one item may be selected. It presents a selection box from which to select a value, and a text box to enter an “other” value if none of the items in the list are sufficient.
Again, see the docstring in ComboBoxWidget.py, and the comment in widget_combobox.pt for details on how to use it within and outside Archetypes.
- Added |nothing to tabindex in template for not breaking Plone 4. [maartenkling]
- Removed old-style install, added profile, moved version to setup.py. [jensens]
1.4 - 2008-09-10
- Fixed error with duplication of entries in the Available column. This fixes issue #9. [dunlapm]
- Fixed the long-standing issue with non-ascii characters in terms gathered from the catalog. Proper vocabularies should be just that, proper vocabularies where the “id” of a term consists of ascii characters and the “value” can contain unicode. Check the Vocabulary class in Products.Archetypes for a reference. [dunlapm]
1.3 - 2008-07-03
- Removed unecessary style attribute on the combo box text field which broke rendering in IE 7. [fschulze]
1.2 - 2008-06-27
- Added logic for drop-in replacement of KeywordWidget [dunlapm]
1.1 - 2008-05-20
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.AddRemoveWidget-1.4.1-py2.4.egg (23.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.AddRemoveWidget-1.4.1.tar.gz (12.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.AddRemoveWidget-1.4.1-py2.4.egg
Hashes for Products.AddRemoveWidget-1.4.1.tar.gz