Bitakora is a fully featured Blog product for Zope. Yes plain Zope, nor Plone neither CMF is involved.
You will have two extra products to add in the ZMI:
- Bitakora: Fully featured blog product for Zope. With ideas of Squishdot and COREBlog.
- BitakoraCommunity: A way for having a blog community based on Bitakora product.
- All templates and scripts are in the File System.
- A user with a custom role called ‘Blogger’ and created with the product, can manage the blog without having access to the ZMI.
- TinyMCE as WYSIWYG editor..
- Fully i18n-ed using Localizer. A MessageCatalog called ‘gettext’ can be found in each blog with the messages to translate. Basque (eu) and Spanish (es) translations are provided with the product (see locale directory). This MessageCatalog is deleted when creating blogs in a BitakoraCommunity, and blogs use the MessageCatalog in the community.
- Full UTF-8 support, trying to avoid UnicodeDecodeErrors :)
- Blog templates are clean XHTML, based on MovableType 3 templates.
- Clean URLs and tag based categorization of posts.
- Support of Pingback references
- Automatic update ping to Pingomatic
- All template and scripts are loaded into the ZMI during instantiation of the product, in the same way Squishdot does, to allow community managers to customize them.
- Free creation of blogs, in a 3-step-Blogger-way.
- Fully i18n-ed using Localizer. Basque (eu) and Spanish (es) translations are provided with the products (see locale directory).
We suggest using zc.buildout to handle the installation of Bitakora. For that purpose we provide a buildout file to use as an example:
If you plan to install manually, you should install these products:
- Zope 2.11 (we use the latest 2.11 release: 2.11.8)
- itools 0.20.8 (you need to install glib development headers to correctly install itools in Ubuntu/Debian system you need to apt-get install libglib2-dev)
- Localizer 1.2.3
- CookieCrumbler 1.2
- ZTinyMCE 0.2.1 (the original website for ZTinyMCE is down, so we have uploaded this product to our GitHub account, just for the purpose of have this buildout working)
Migration to 1.0
To migrate from 0.x version to 1.0, open http://yoursite.com/blog/migrate_to_1_dot_0 or http://yoursite.com/community/migrate_to_1_dot_0 to run migration code. This migration code, adds TinyMCE, fixes attribute name clash in Comment class and deletes TextIndexNG2 indexes created in the installtion
BSD Like. See LICENSE.txt
- Remove Epoz traces that avoided comments to be added [erral]
- Fix post preview [erral]
- Fix class inheritance for CatalogAware objects. This may need to reindex all Catalogs (one per Bitakora instance and one more for BitakoraCommunity) [erral]
- Migration improvement for large installations [erral]
- Documentation improvement [erral]
- Remove TextIndexNG2 dependency and provide migration to delete indexes [erral]
- PEP8ify [erral]
- Provide migration for old instances [erral]
- Fix attribute name clash issue [erral]
- Reformat README and HISTORY files in rST [erral]
- Add TinyMCE insted of epoz [erral
- Eggify this product [erral]
- Fix e-mail templates [erral]
- Change CAPTCHA using a question. [erral]
- Use string interpolation in community templates
- Add error control when an user asks password reminder twice.
- Modified the way to handle pings. Now the pings are handled making Future calls, creating new threads to make the pings
- Fixed bug, when creating comment ids
- Allow more attributes in HTML
- CAPTCHA control is enabled by defatul. To disable add a property called CAPTCHA_ENABLED and set it to 0 (property type: int)
- Akismet plugin is disabled by default. To enable change utils.py
- Added Akismet spam control for comments and pingbacks
- Added CAPTCHA control to comment adding and contact form. Captcha images and example code provided by http://www.captchas.net
- Fixed: contact and new comments notifications are properly i18n-zed
- Ping to Technorati added
- Fixed: Ping to Technorati and Ping-o-matic. The ping must be sent with blog title and not with post title
- Fixed bug in post edit form. If a method called ‘preview’ existed, it was not posible to edit a post.
- New Polish translation
- Pingback system re-enabled and fixed
- ‘u’ and ‘del’ tags allowed in HTML
- Changed community CSS file images, now they are GIF instead of JPEG
- Deleted email from feed.xml. RSS 2.0 says author tag must contain an email address. Added DC namespace to the feed and exchanged author with dc:creator
- Allow embed, object and param tags in HTML for inserting YouTube and GoogleVideo flashes
- Allow ‘-‘ and ‘_’ in tags
- Show cleaned HTML in post preview
- Changes to show the tag cloud
- Fixed password reminder in community
v. 0.1.3 (first version for Blogak.com)
- Fixed bug in XML exporting
- Added contact form
- Add, blog author receives an email when a post is commented
- Modify, Pingomatic ping re-enabled, and pingback send disabled
- Updated eu and es translations
- Minor changes in admin screens
v. 0.1.2 (not public, for testing at atxukale.com)
- Some methods refactored
- Bug: Recent comments menu showed all comments, now is limited to 10
- Bug: Comment author’s e-mail was shown.
- Add, now it’s possible to export a XML file with blog data
- Change, CSS styles both in community and blogs fixed for IE
v. 0.1.1 (not public, for testing at atxukale.com)
- Add, posibility to import XML file with blog data
- Add, parameter to signal wether pinging and HTML cleaning is wanted: pinging disabled by default and HTML cleaning enabled
- Changed, Pingback disabled when adding posts
v. 0.1 - Initial Release
- Initial release [erral]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.Bitakora-1.0.4.zip (385.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|