CMFContentPanels is a plone portlets product to build composite pages
Products.CMFContentPanels is a Plone product to build manageable composite pages.
You can create new content object which is composed of other contents as configurable ‘content panels’. You can change the layout, the panel skin and the content viewlet through the web. There is no need to use special content objects, you can just use the standard plone content and compose them
- Plone 4.x (http://plone.org/products/plone)
- Support multi-page and multi-column
- fully functional layout management, easy to use: move panels left/right/up/down
- predefined viewlets for Document, Image, Folder, Topic, ZWiki Page, PloneChat, mxmDynamicPage.
- each viewlet is configurable. it is quite easy to add new viewlets. You can add a RSS viewlet or a simplet text viewlet.
- contentpanels content can be used as a portle thru collective.portlet.content.
- support multi-rows: use ‘tile’ page layout mode, and each page becomes a new row!
To use this product, on a buildout based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add Products.CMFContentPanels to the list of eggs to install[buildout] ... eggs = Products.CMFContentPanels
After updating the configuration file you need to run the ‘’bin/buildout’’, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Add/Remove Products’ link.
Choose the product (check its checkbox) and click the ‘Install’ button.
Uninstall – This can be done from the same management screen, but only if you installed it from the quick installer.
Extending Products.CMFContentPanels (For Developers)
Viewlet is a view of content which can be selected in contentpanels. Viewlet can be a zpt or a zpt macro. Viewlets are registered with CMF Action mechanism.
Write a viewlet for your content. You can refer to stuff at ‘CMFContentPanels/skins/cp_viewlets’, where are default viewlets.
All viewlets are registered in portal_contentpanels. You can also register viewlets using:from Products.CMFContentPanels import registerViewlets registerViewlets(you_viewlets)
With this way, if you reinstall CMFContentPanels, your viewlets configuration will not lost.
How to make viewlets configurable
Viewlet configuration form fields can be define in a macro with name: ‘(your_viewlet_macroname)_viewletconf’
For example, ‘viewlets_folder_recent.pt’ has 2 macros: ‘base_portlet’ and ‘base_portlet_viewletconf’
The form fields will be showed and saved automatically
Your viewlet can use the form variables in a dict named ‘viewletOptions’, for example ‘viewletOptions[“itemCount”]’
How to add new panel skins
You can define a new css wrapper to define a new panel skin:
- Customise contentpanels_skin.css.dtml, write your new css wrapper there
- Go to ZMI ‘portal_contentpanels’, in the properties view, add your new wrapper there.
- Simples Consultoria <http://www.simplesconsultoria.com.br/> for
- sponsoring the eggfication of this product.
- “ZopeChina.com”:http://www.zopechina.com, a leading Zope Service provider in China. ZopeChina.com runs the biggest Chinese Zope community in China - “CZUG.org”:http://czug.org (China Zope User Group). We are trying to make Zope/Plone works better for Chinese people.
- ausum’s “CMFPortlets”:http://www.zope.org/Members/ausum/CMFPortlets , many idea comes from CMFPortlets. Thanks!
- The Rounded panels technique is from Denis Mishunoff’s how-to: http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/portlets-with-rounded-corners-and-shadow
Bug report and feature request
In the “Products.CMFContentPanels product area”: http://plone.org/products/cmfcontentpanels you can report bugs and request new features.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.CMFContentPanels-2.6b2.tar.gz (103.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.CMFContentPanels-2.6b2.tar.gz