Versioning for Plone
CMFEditions provides versioning in Plone.
- It works out of the box.
- It’s higly extensible for specific use cases.
Out Of The Box Experience
Versionable content items edit views now allows saving a version on save (automatically or manually). The version history may be accessed quickly from the view view.
Versionable content types also have an additional tab with version related functionality:
- save new version
- preview an old version
- retrieve an old version (replacing the current state in the tree)
- diffing versions
A content panel allows configuring the versioning policy by content type:
- enable or disable versioning
- auto-versioning on save
- auto-versioning on retrieve
By default the contents of a folder is versioned independently of the folder. This may be changed through the ZMI and for specific cases on python level. Basic support for Archetypes references is built in.
The current strategy is to save everything of the content item (incl. security information, workflow state, etc.). On retrieve some of these information are filtered out. This policy may completely be changed depending on specific needs (see modifiers below).
CMFEditions was from the beginning developed with extensibility in mind. A handful of tools provide the whole functionality:
- repository layer: This is the public main API. The repository layer cares about recursive storing and retrieving of content items from/to Zope 2’s Object File System (OFS).
- archivist layer: It knows how to clone content items. The archivist “is Mr. Pickle”.
- modifiers: They’re invoked by the archivist and know what to clone. This the main customization point. A modifier knows about what information on an object is a reference and if the referenced object has to be versioned also.
- storage: Is responsible of storing content items versions in a history. The current storage implementation is a ZODB storage (it uses Zope Version Control Product from ZC). Other storages may be written (svn, file based, xml based, etc.). The storage API is quite simple and the storage implementation doesn’t have to care about reference stuff as this is already done by the upper layers.
- purge policy: The purge policy is called on every save operations and has full control over the version to save and the whole history. The current implementation may be configured to only hold the n current versions by purging the older versions from the repository. This functionality is by default disabled. It may be enabled through the ZMI. You should take care when you’re saving objects with a lot of interrelations. Purging functionality is quite new!
A couple of presentations and ReSt documents may be found in documentation package that has to be downloaded separately (or the doc folder of CMFEditions).
The CMFEditions team also started adding documentation in the download area <http://plone.org/products/cmfeditions/documentation> of plone.org. You’re welcome to help out.
CMFEditions is part of the Plone distribution and all dependencies are already included. Please refer to the dependency information of Plone for any details.
Migrating from Older Versions of CMFEditions
We know there are severe problems when migrating from 1.0alpha3, 1.0alpha4 or trunk checkout from May 2006 and before. Please contact us <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> for assistance. We’re interested in making migrations bullet proof.
- Please report bugs <http://plone.org/products/cmfeditions/issues> to the CMFEditions tracker on plone.org.
- For feedback and questions the developers may be contacted on the mailing list <mailto:email@example.com>.
Just do it and communicate with us over the mailing list <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>!
Credits & Sponsoring
Several people and organizations have made CMFEditions possible:
- Update IPossibleSite import to zope.component. [elro]
- Fixed version file preview for empty files. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fixed versions history form: title and description aren’t displayed two times. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fixed version file preview: some displayed values of a previous version were values of current version. [thomasdesvenain]
- ArchivistTool.py, DummyTools.py, IArchivist.py, ModifierRegistryTool.py: Don’t use list as default parameter value. [kleist]
- Add upgrade step to install the component registry bases modifier. [rossp]
- Skip blob files from plone.namedfile even when they no longer extend the classes from z3c.blobfile. [davisagli]
- Declare missing dependency on zope.copy. [hannosch]
- Changed the get_macros python skin script into a browser view. This avoids an Unauthorized exception when viewing revisions when using five.pt (Chameleon). [maurits]
- Implement a special base modifier that allows retention of specific annotation elements from the working copy. Use this in the OM modifiers to ensure we don’t stomp annotations for folders on retrieval. [alecm]
- If an object has a component registry (AKA site manager), make sure the bases of that registry are not recursively copied when saving versions. [rossp]
- Don’t string convert blobs. Fixes MemoryErrors or excessive memory consumption with large blobs. [rossp]
- Protect against anonymous access to KwAsAttributes. [mj]
- Merged changes from 2.1.5. [lentinj]
- Make Zope 2 permissions available as Zope 3-style permissions. [rafaelbco]
- Changed @@history to be protected by CMFEditions.AccessPreviousVersions instead of cmf.ModifyPortalContent. [rafaelbco]
- Only show the “Revert to this version” button if the user has the Revert to previous versions permission in versions_history_form. [rafaelbco]
- Translate the commit message, so version id is substituted. [lentinj]
- Only save an initial version before edit when content is not yet versioned, rather than every time there are unsaved changes. Otherwise there is an “Initial version” generated for every edit after publish/retract, as these change the publishing date without a new version being saved. Possibly a version should be saved on publish, but not sure the extra versioning noise is useful. [lentinj]
- Remove references to blobs when cloning blob fields. They are handled as referenced attributes anyway. This eliminates the creation of an additional empty blob when cloning blob fields. [buchi]
- No longer store references in the ZVC wrapper. They are stored in the shadow history and retrieved from there. This eliminates the creation of an additional empty blob when cloning blob fields. [buchi]
- Allow to translate the string “current” in the diff view (@@history) and in the version_diff template. [rafaelbco]
- Fixed: Unauthorized error on versions history form for non managers. [thomasdesvenain]
- remove UniqueIdHandlerTool, it was not used anymore; nobody (including vds and hannosch) seems to remember what it was for. [gotcha]
- fix portal_historyidhandler class to avoid issue where GenericSetup toolset import step tried to change the class default id [gotcha]
- Skip z3c.blobfile File (notable subclasess plone.namedfile BlobFile and BlobImage) as blobfile versioning is not there yet. [elro]
2.1.1 - 2011-02-25
- Fix bug when loading GenericSetup profile with <policymap purge="true">. [elro]
2.1.0 - 2011-02-25
- Generic Setup export/import support. [elro]
2.0.5 - 2011-02-25
- Workaround some potential issues with event handlers and transaction.savepoint which can cause exceptions when, for example, zope.sendmail is used to send mail in the same transaction as saving an edition. [rossp]
2.0.4 - 2011-01-03
- Depend on Products.CMFPlone instead of Plone. [elro]
- Do not provide “Compare to … revision” link in versions history actions if content type has no diffable field. [thomasdesvenain]
- Add Site Administrator role to various permissions, for forward compatibility with Plone 4.1. [davisagli]
2.0.3 - 2010-11-06
- Internationalized default version comments (‘Initial revision’, etc.). [thomasdesvenain]
- Fixed: version comment was not considered when saving a content with automatic version policy. Closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8535. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fixed multiple chameleon incompatibilities. [swampmonkey]
2.0.2 - 2010-09-09
- Forward port of a i18n fix from branches/1.2. It’s used to create a changeset, the message doesn’t seem to appear on the history view though. [vincentfretin]
- Added missing i18n markup to variables in update_version_before_edit.cpy. [WouterVH]
2.0.1 - 2010-08-08
- Changed “version” to “revision” in portal messages. [kleist]
2.0 - 2010-07-18
- Changed the text in the @@history page to use the term revision instead of version. This fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10740. [hannosch]
- Added dependency on plone.app.blob, to pull in the needed bits for handling blobs in the modifiers. [davidblewett]
- Added event listeners for Archetypes’ ObjectInitializedEvent and ObjectEditedEvent events (to go along with the existing WebDAV ones). [davidblewett]
- Changed Plone 3 backward compatible handling to also work with Chameleon. [do3cc]
2.0b9 - 2010-06-13
- Avoid dependency on zope.app.testing. [hannosch]
2.0b8 - 2010-05-20
- Added notification of changes on revert, via zope.lifecycle’s ObjectModifiedEvent and Archetypes’ ObjectEditedEvent. [davidblewett]
- Fixed revertversion.py so that it didn’t tack on a lone / to the redirect URL. [davidblewett]
- Fixed CloneBlob & company, so that they check that the field provides an interface instead of using isinstance. [davidblewett]
- Fixed CloneBlob to not trample its local variables, allowing for multiple blob fields on a type. [davidblewett]
- Updated i18n methods that used mappings. [davidblewett]
2.0b7 - 2010-05-08
- Fix BLOB history corruption http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10503 [do3cc]
2.0b6 - 2010-04-20
- Widen html diff display to work better with new layout. [alecm]
- Fix issue with versioning of large folders. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10457 [alecm]
2.0b5 - 2010-04-12
- Re-add title and description when viewing old versions in Plone 4. [davisagli]
2.0b4 - 2010-03-04
2.0b3 - 2010-02-17
- Updated templates to follow recent markup conventions. References http://dev.plone.org/old/plone/ticket/9981. [spliter]
- Be more defensive in our importVarious step, to avoid issues while upgrading. [hannosch]
- Workaround for http//dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10120, “version_history_form” now renders “Preview is not available.” instead of causing a traceback. [kleist]
2.0b2 - 2009-12-27
- Fixed test dependencies and removed unused test helper code. [hannosch]
2.0b1 - 2009-12-02
- Fix dependence on global_defines in diff.pt. https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9804 [alecm]
2.0a1 - 2009-11-14
- Fix ordering issues with versioned BTree folders. [alecm]
- Make the Archetypes dependency a soft one. [alecm]
- Only make a copy of a BLOB if it’s changed since the last save. Otherwise, just reference the BLOB from the prior revision. [alecm]
- Made the ZVCStorage store references directly in the shadow instead of simply passing them to ZVC. This way real references can be used in the storage instead of copies, so that BLOB revisions can work. [alecm]
- Add modifiers to handle AT blob fields from plone.app.blob. One handler skips the blobs and the other copies them. [alecm]
- Enable both inside and outside children modifiers by default for folder objects. Using the INonStructuralFolder interface to determine which to use. [alecm]
- Fixes for reference handling in plone.folder and other BTree based folder implementations. [alecm]
- Added modifier that skips cloning of __parent__ pointers. [alecm]
- Switched document_byline macro to plone.belowcontenttitle content provider. [hannosch]
- Acquire plone_utils from context rather than assuming the putils global in templates. [erikrose]
- Fixed tests which depended on specific uids for portal content. Added cmf_uid catalog index in install profile. [alecm]
- Fixed missing i18n markup in versions_history_form. [hannosch]
- No longer rely on base_properties. [hannosch]
- Made some calls to portal_repository more defensive. [hannosch]
- Added the z3c.autoinclude entry point so this package is automatically loaded on Plone 3.3 and above. [hannosch]
- Use new import location for the package_home function. [hannosch]
- Added the required profile bits for installing CMFUid. [hannosch]
- Define dependency on Products.ZopeVersionControl. [hannosch]
- Define dependency on CMFDiffTool (via template using portal_diff) and avoiding a test dependency on CMFDefault. [hannosch]
- Define here_url in all templates and made get_macros not fail when encountering a browser view based template. [hannosch]
- Cleaned up package metadata and code to remove the dependency on Plone. [hannosch]
- Declare package dependencies and fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals. [hannosch]
- Catch WebDAVObjectInitializedEvent/WebDAVObjectEditedEvent and save versions as appropriate. This is part of the fix for http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7338 [sidnei]
- Fixed the name of the file : is has to be the FileName not the Id [tbenita]
- Purged old Zope 2 Interface interfaces for Zope 2.12 compatibility. [elro]
- Fixed a bug in the file_download_version that prevented successful download of anterior version of files if the filename contained spaces. Anyway, the filename param of Content-Disposition header SHOULD NEVER come without double-quotes. [drjnut]
- Register GenericSetup steps via ZCML. [wichert]
- Use the new archetypes.edit.afterfieldsets viewlet manager to add our field to the AT edit template. The customized edit_macros is now no longer needed. [wichert]
1.2.7 - Unreleased
1.2.6 - December 2, 2009
- Check history permissions in the context of the versioned object not the repository tool. See http://plone.org/products/cmfeditions/issues/55 [alecm]
1.2.5 - November 5, 2009
- Show ndiff (natural diff) when neither inline diff nor html diff are available. [maurits]
1.2.4 - July 4, 2009
- Fixed missing i18n markup in versions_history_form. [hannosch]
1.2.3 - July 4, 2009
- Fix form action in @@history view. [vincentfretin]
1.2.2 - June 11, 2009
- Fix XHTML markup for diff view. See ticket http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9227 [alecm]
1.2.1 - June 8, 2009
- Add getHistoryMetadata method to allow efficient history display without full object retrieval. Based on patches by Darryl Dixon on CMFEditions zvc_enfold_fixfailures branch r59908:60078. [alecm]
1.2 - May 16, 2009
- Add missing PACKAGE_HOME in the init file according to tests [encolpe]
- Add the encoding declaration (utf-8) in all python files [encolpe]
- Internationalization of 7 strings in diff.pt (history view). [vincentfretin]
- Fixed label_history_version msgid dynamic content in diff.pt (added i18n:name=”version”) [vincentfretin]
1.2b1 (March 7, 2009)
- Register CMF skin layers via ZCML. [wichert]
- Remove history action. Plone 3.3 has alternative implementations in the form of the content history viewlet so this should not be installed by default. [wichert]
- Move import step registration to ZCML. [wichert]
- Use the new archetypes.edit.afterfieldsets viewlet manager to add our field to the AT edit template. The customized edit_macros is now no longer needed. [wichert]
- Some CMFEditions .py files use wrong MessageFactory (#8715) [encolpe]
- Set some msgids to cmfeditions i18n domain in version_file_view. Renamed msgid label_existing_keywords by label_existing_categories in version_metadata_view. [vincentfretin]
1.1.8 (October 6, 2008)
- Switch to egg-based distribution. [hannosch]
- Fix on FileDownloadVersion : files retrieved didn’t get their version name [tbenita]
- Fix on FileDownloadVersion : files retrieved got corrupted at retrieval [drjnut]
- Merge AT changes into replacement of ‘edit_macros.pt’. See ticket http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7999. [rsantos]
1.1.7 (June 2, 2008)
- Fix for issues with unicode version save comments. http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7400 [alecm]
1.1.6 (March 26, 2008)
1.1.5 (March 8, 2008)
- Fix bug in wrapper assignment for some modifiers. [encolpe, alecm]
- Added metadata.xml file to the profile. [hannosch]
1.1.4 (December 6, 2007)
- Add modifiers to avoid pickling extremely large files. The AbortVersioningOfLargeFilesAndImages modifier is enabled by default for Files and Images. It will skip saving versions of objects when they contain a large file (‘file’ or ‘image’ field in Attribute or AnnotationStorage). The SkipVersioningOfLargeFilesAndImages will simply not version the large file, but will version all other data. On retrieval it will put the file from the working copy in place. This is disabled by default, but can be enabled easily. Workaround for: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7223 [alecm]
1.1.3 (December 2, 2007)
- Make sure that we attempt to handle Inside Refs which have no portal_type, as well as retrieving revisions that once used the InsideRefsModifier but now use the OutsideRefsModifier. Related to: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7295 [alecm]
- Fix issue on diff form where empty entries were being shown for unchanged files. Related to http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7253 [alecm]
- Fix issues with purge policy as reported in http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7300 [alecm]
- Handle ArchivistUnregisteredErrors during save. This occurs when an object has been imported, or when the version information has been destroyed. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7334. [alecm]
- Reflect changes in base_edit.cpt asnd edit_macros.pt in r8683 of Archetypes: Skip the ‘metadata’ schema in base_edit, like we used to do it pre-1.5. Also, do not render fieldset and legend elements when we’re only displaying one fieldset, i.e. the ‘default’ one. [nouri]
1.1.2 (October 5, 2007)
1.1.1 (September 10, 2007)
- Expose the extra_top, widgets and extra_bottom METAL hooks in edit_macros. [wichert]
1.1-final (August 16, 2007)
- Prevent future off by one errors in the ui by just starting our count from 0. [alecm]
- Fix dumb acquisition issue in the default policy scripts. [alecm]
- Removed overly aggressive logging from update_version_before_edit.cpy. [hannosch]
1.1-rc1 (July 8, 2007)
- Make text more consistent (use revision instead of version throughout the ui)
- Add checks in versioning policy scripts to ensure we don’t get duplicate revisions.
- Add controller overrides so that the correct actions happen on cancel and reference upload.
- Add an event listener that removes the version_id attribute from copies.
- Removed i18n folder. Translations are shipped in PloneTranslations. [hannosch]
- Minor template corrections. [hannosch]
1.1-beta4 (April 30, 2007)
- Updated permission mapping to account for new local roles (Editor/Contributor)
1.1-beta3 (April 29, 2007)
- No longer register tools as utilities, since it broke the tests among other things.
1.1-beta2 (March 26, 2007)
- Register tools as utilities
1.1-beta1 (March 5, 2007)
- Make the AT autoversion policy save a version before the save for more
- intuitive behavior.
- Fixed numerous ui glitches on the versions history form and started using
- Do not install the versioning control panel anymore. You can enable versioning for a content type on the new types control panel now.
- Finish exportimport handlers for portal_repository and portal_modifier thus making setuphandlers importVarious unnecessary again.
- Add back special portal_historyidhandler / portal_uidhandler handling. If a portal_uidhandler tool is found during install, it should be renamed to portal_historyidhandler. The missing tools should be created as normal then.
1.1-alpha2 (February 08, 2007)
- Removed specialized document byline.
- Switch to Plone control panel category
1.1-alpha1 (November 22, 2006)
- Two minor updates for CMF 2.1 compatibility. [hannosch]
- Use a GenericSetup Extension profile for installation instead of an external method. [hannosch]
- Cleaned up tests. As these are based on PloneTestCase and Plone 3.0 we don’t have to set up anything special anymore. [hannosch, alecm]
- Removed ActionProviderBase as a base class from all tools. In CMF 2.1 actions are usually only stored on the actions tool. [hannosch]
- Updated dependency information for Plone 3.0 inclusion. [hannosch]
- Fixed OMInsideChildrensModifier InitializeClass. [encolpe]
- Replaced usage of zLOG with Python’s logging framework. [hannosch]
- Removed lots of unused import statements, found by pyflakes. [hannosch]
- Removed BBB code for old transaction handling. [hannosch]
- Removed some BBB code for ZClasses and CMF 1.4. [hannosch]
CMFEditions 1.0rc1 (unreleased)
- migration from CMFEditions 1.0alpha3 doesn’t work correctly
- some translations are not yet updated: contact translators (for changes see below. Affected translations: fr, da, pl)
- Fix outstanding failing tests
- Some complex integration test with deleted version. (purge support)
- allow adding test hierarchy only if in debug mode
- allow migration in debug mode only
- fix issue #28
- fix issue #25
- fix issue #19
- fix issue #17
- fix issue #22
- Fixed previewing (retrieving) files and images. [gregweb]
- Security Policy was for manage_setPolicies but the method name was manage_setTypePolicies. Corrected. [gregweb]
- The storage now stores ZVC’s __vc_info__ for every version avoiding wrong information is attached to a working copy when previewing a version. Fix for ToDo.txt item #48. [gregweb]
- Replaced all occurences of rollback with revert. Brought into sync internal names with UI. Rollback may suggest a transaction rollback which is something different. Including i18n label label_rollback which is now label_revert. Added backwards compatibility code for configuration. Translations not updated. [gregweb]
- Minor refactorings of the version history view. Notably replaced (show below) by preview without jumping to the preview target on the page by default. Instead the link name of the previewed version changes to jump down. [gregweb]
- The storage is now more immune against non int selectors. [gregweb]
- The approximate size of a version is now recorded also at save time (and calculated at storage migartion). [gregweb]
- Added size information to storage statistics ZMI view [gregweb]
- Added German translations [gregweb]
- Added Polish translations provided by Piotr Furman [Piotr Furman, gregweb]
- RetainWorkflowStateAndHistory now adds the review_state to the sys_metadata at save time because at retreive time the workflow tool picks the working copies state. I didn’t find any other way to do it without digging into workflows internals (which would have been a bad idea anyway). Had to extend the IModifier.ISaveRetrieveModifier interface to allow a modifier enhance sys_metadata at save time. [gregweb]
- Added purge support [gregweb]:
- Enhanced storage API with a purge method that inevitabely removes a version from the history. See added IPurgeSupport and IPurgePolicy interfaces.
- Purging raises an exception if no purge policy is installed. This will avoid a lot of future tracker items caused by people having removed the purge policy but nevertheless providing purge support to users. The reason is that the archivist and repo layer can’t handle yet the empty placeholder object beeing returned by the storage for the purged version. This rule may be relaxed in future versions if the archivist and repo layer support handling of those empty placeholder objects.
- The UI doesn’t expose manual purge functionality. Through the ZMI a number n may be configured representing the maximum number of version per content item that have to be preserved. Older ones are automatically purged from the storage at save time.
- There is a new purge permission that may be used to restrict purging to special roles if necessary (applicable to manual purging only).
- On the repo layer (portal_repository) retrieving an object or iterating over the history always returns a valid (unpurged) version. The returned object may be a substitute. Two numbering schematas exist. Numbering counting purged versions and not counting purged versions (passing True or False to countPurged). The default numbering schema is countPurged=True. The UI history onyl shows unpurged versions (countPurged=False).
- If the storage is asked to retreive a removed version it may be instructed to return a substitute for the removed version. The substitution policy itself is implemented in the new purge policy tool. This strategy allows to keep most purge implementation details out of the upper layers (archivist, modifiers, repository).
- The new purge policy tool may be instructed to only keep n versions of a content item. Thus at save time the oldest version is purged if the save operation would result in more than n version reside in the storage.
- The new purge policy tool substitutes a removed version with the next older version. If no other version is available the next newer is used as substitute. If none is available … well this isn’t yet tested :-)
- The archivist and storage may be asked to also retreive the empty placeholder of a purged version. This functionality is yet exposed to the repo layer. This may change in a future release.
- Added isValid method on the vdata object that allows to ask if the retrieved object it is valid or not (empty placeholder object or a real version).
- At save time a version aware reference to the parent node is saved also. Without it would be very ineffective or even impossible to find out the parents which potentially would prevent adding usefull features like retrieving the a whole site from one object in the tree. [gregweb]
- The histories default order has changed: It now returns the newest version as first item and the oldest as last item. The old behaviour is still available by passing oldestFirst=True. [gregweb]
- Inserted the oldestFirst parameter before the already existing preserve parameter. This will cause changes of 3rd party products that are using preserve (None know at the moment, it’s better to change now than later). [gregweb]
- Added two new i18n labels: label_preview_version_below, label_preview_version (no translations yet) [gregweb]
- Renamed i18n label: label_show_below to label_preview_version_link (updated labels in po-files but not the translations) [gregweb]
- Now save all metadata also in shadow storage. But currently on retrieve the metadata is still feteched from the ZVC storage. [gregweb]
- Added migration code for 1.0alpha3 –> 1.0beta1 storage migrations [gregweb]
- Adding purge support caused heavy refactoring the version storage. ZVC is still used to store the contents history but now additional data is stored in a parallel shadow storage. The layout of the data in the ZVC didn’t change, only ZVC and purge related metadata has been added to the parallel shadow storage. [gregweb]
- Garbage collected a lot of code that was commented out, outdated triple-X’s and items in ToDo.txt. [gregweb]
- The storage tests now tests ZVCSTorageTool only once and additionally tests the dummy memory storage. This was the intended behaviour but a bug prevented running the tests with the dummy storage and instead run the tests with ZVCStorageToll twice. [gregweb]
- fixed bug with AT references causing ref catalog having been inconsistent [sunew]
- Comment is now taken from request if any. [sunew]
- Added storage statistics ZMI view. [gregweb]
- Added functionality to create a test hierarchy. [gregweb]
- Fixed tracker issue #15 [alecm, gregweb]
- When previewing a version the expandable history link is removed as this doesn’t make sense at all and caused double fetching of history items. [gregweb]
- Use the default view of the retrieved object, as it may be different from that of the current object. [alecm]
- The expandable version link is only shown for users having the permission to view the history. [rafrombrc]
- Added RetainATRefs modifier [vds]
- Fixed broken isUpToDate [gregweb]
- version_id wasn’t correctly set at the working copy at save time. Because of this it may happen that the wrong version info was saved with the version aware reference. The version_id is now set at the end of the save operation. [alecm, gregweb]
- Handle usecase where an inside reference is moved outside its container. Still need to handle case where it has been replaced by another object with the same id. [alecm]
- Changed API for Archivist methods and the dereference utility method so that they now accept an optional history_id, rather than implicitly allowing the ‘obj’ parameter to be a history_id. As side effect this will help in supporting multi location checkout in the future. [alecm, gregweb]
- Fixed various UI issues. [rlemmi, vds, alecm]
- Fixed SF issue #1376836. [alecm]
- restored at’s extra_buttons slot (some others slots are still missing because of this template override) [syt]
- Totally refactored recursive retrieve of an ancient version of an object. Fixed a lot of folderish bugs with this refactoring. [gregweb]
- Corrected a hairy acquisition bug that caused wrong security evaluations (ArchivistTool.py). Acquisition is a monster feature! [gregweb]
- The storage now returns obj.modified() instead of obj.getModificationDate() because it’s more fine graned. [gregweb]
- Added ReferenceFactoriesTool.py which in essence knows how to instatiate a reference. The current implementation is inflexible and knows only how to instantiate object into an ObjectManager. This is the first step in preparation for AT reference handling. [gregweb]
- Fixed tracker issue #16 RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded. I (gregweb) suspect it got fixed by: [alecm]
- Fixed identical tracker issues #5, #6, #7, #8. I (gregweb) suspect it got fixed by: [alecm]
- Added modifier to copy permissions from working copy onto retrieved versions, otherwise retaining workflow can have some very strange consequences. [alecm]
- Fixed a number of bugs involving handling of adding and deleting subobjects of versioned folders. [alecm]
- Fixed a permissions bug which made the versions_history_form inaccessible if any of the versions were saved while private (or otherwise had ‘Access contents information’ disabled). [alecm]
- Made quickinstalled product reinstall/uninstall work without issue. Fixed unit tests for Plone 2.1. Use mutators in templates and tests where applicable rather than direct attribute access. Was Issue #9, #10 and #11. Thanks to Andrew Lewis for the patches and reports. [Andrew Lewis, alecm]
- Corrected bugs in RetainWorkflowStateAndHistory modifier and the modifier registry avoiding the review state and the workflow history from beeing retained on retrieve and revert.
- Added danish translation. [stonor]
- Retrieving an object just for preview (without replacing the working copy) caused a lot of headaches and got more and more complex und ununderstandable. Everything got much simpler by just using a savepoint/abort pair at the right place while retrieving. [alecm]
- I18N tuned (diff-legend untested), french added [Gpgi, gotcha]
- Added more tests to improve coverage. [azy, vds, alecm]
- Added support for ATCT (Archetypes Content Types). [azy]
- Added ZMI interface for modifiers. [rlemmi]
- It’s now possible to save a new version in the edit view. As soon as a version sahll be saved a comment field is inserted to add a comment. [rlemmi]
- Added expandable version history to document_byline. [rlemmi]
- Made the ModifierRegistryTool make use of any preserve dict passed back to it by afterRetrieveModifiers. [alecm]
- Added optional CMFDiffTool support for generating diffs between object versions. For this to work you need to setup the diffable fields on each type in portal_diff. In the ‘alecm-at-schema-diffs’ branch of CMFDiffTool there is a diff type that can be applied to any AT object which will automatically setup diffs for all fields in the schema (when using this any value can be entered for the field in portal_diff). [alecm]
- Added a versioning policy (at_edit_autoversion) which automatically creates new versions on edit for AT types which are configured to support the policy in the configlet. This is implemented using a simple macro override on AT’s edit_macros, and a new entry in the AT edit form controller chain. [alecm]
- Added new interface IContentTypeVersionPolicySupport and implemented it in portal_repository. It allows products to register versioning policies (classes which implement IVersionPolicy), and to associate those policies with specific portal types. IVersionPolicy objects may define methods (setupPolicyHook, removePolicyHook, enablePolicyOnTypeHook, disablePolicyOnTypeHook) which can be used to install/uninstall policy specific behavior in the portal, on adding/removing the policy, or enabling/ disabling the policy on a specific type. [alecm]
1.0alpha2 (around June 2005)
no changes recorded