Workflow policies for Plone
This product is the implementation of a PLIP initiated by Maik Röder: http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/52
Placeful Workflow is a Plone product that allows you to define workflow policies that define content type to workflow mappings that can be applied in any sub-folder of your Plone site:
- When you access the root of your site, you will see a new action in the workflow state drop-down menu called “policy”. Click on the “policy” link.
- The next page will let you add a policy to your folder by clicking on the “Add Workflow policy” link. Click on “Add Workflow policy”.
- Now you have a workflow policy in your site, and you can set the workflow policies for this folder and below.
We didn’t add any workflow policies, so you don’t have a choice of different workflow policies yet, so the default workflow policy will be taken both for the folder and below.
- Use Site Setup -> Add-on Products panel to install
- Now you can define and apply local workflow policies through the Plone Interface.
Now, let’s define a new workflow policy:
- Access “Site Setup” and click on “Placeful Workflow” in the “Add-on Product Configuration” section.
- Enter the name “my_policy” in the “New policy” field, and click on “add”.
- Now you have a new policy. Enter the title “Example policy” and the description “This is an example policy”.
- Change the workflow for the content type “Folder” from “folder_workflow” to plone_workflow”, and click on “Save”. Now all your content types should use the “plone_workflow”.
Let’s test the new workflow policy for “Folders” at the root of our site:
- At the root of the site, select the “Policy” link in the workflow state drop-down menu.
- Select “Example policy” for “In this Folder” and “Below this Folder” and click “Save”.
- Then, let’s add a Folder to see whether the new workflow policy is active. Go to the root of your site and select “Folder” from the “Add new item” drop-down list. Enter the id “myfolder”, the title “My folder” and the description “This is my folder”, and click on “Save”.
- Now, when you access the “State” drop-down list, you will see that you have the possibility to “submit” the folder. The submit transition only exists in the “plone_workflow”, and is absent from the “folder_workflow”, which demonstrates that the workflow policy we have chosen is used for the “Folder” content type.
Let’s go one step further and add a new folder inside of “My folder”. After having added the new folder, you should also find the “Submit” transition available.
Now it would be interesting to change the workflow policy setting in the Plone site. Let’s first change the workflow policy for “Below this Folder” to “Default Policy”. You will find that the second folder does not more have the “submit” transition.
You can add an additional workflow policy in the first folder, which assigns the “My policy” for “In this Folder”, so the second folder will once again have the “submit” transition.
The Placeful Workflow tool (portal_placeful_workflow) is installed by the installer. It provides a few configuration options so that you use to create you workflow policies through the ZMI.
Plone 5 support only
- Removed Plone 5.0 installer code from tests. Test that multiple installs and uninstalls work. See issue 1959. [maurits]
- Fixed workflow tests for new comment_one_state_workflow. [maurits]
- Use zope.interface decorator. [gforcada]
- Added uninstall profile instead of old external method. [maurits]
- Removed actionicons.xml because this is handled in controlpanel.xml. [maurits]
- Replaced placeful_marker import step with a post_handler. [maurits]
- Updated Site Setup link in all control panels. Fixes https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1255 [davilima6]
- Fix test after new default dependecy-strategy for GenericSetup. [pbauer]
- Allow unicode as workflow-policy-name [pbauer]
- Added upgrade step to apply our full profile. This is meant mostly for upgrades from ancient versions that had no profile yet or had a profile without a metadata.xml. In that case the quick installer would complain that the old profile version was unknown and there was no upgrade. [maurits]
- Ported tests to plone.app.testing [tomgross]
- PEP8 and frosted cleanup [tomgross]
- Major cleanup of old stuff [tomgross]
- Plone 5 fixes [vangheem]
- Move dependency on Products.PloneTestCase to test extra and thus removing implicit hard dependency on Products.ATContentTypes. [thet]
- Fix policy_form test failures for Plone 5. [timo]
- Fixed handling of “update security” option. [ericof]
- Fixed updating Role Mappings only in current folder. [kroman0]
- Added ‘CMFPlacefulWorkflow: Manage workflow policies’ permission. ManageWorkflowPolicies is no longer ‘Manage portal’, it’s now assigned to ‘CMFPlacefulWorkflow: Manage workflow policies’. [alecghica]
- Fixed add workflow policy template (via ZMI). [alecghica]
- Fixed descriptions under placeful_workflow_configuration.pt for sections “For this folder” and “Below this folder”. [alecghica]
- Added “update security” as an option field on local configuration management form, as in most cases updating catalog role mappings can be a very long operation and is better to be made as a separate upgrade step. [alecghica]
- Fixed a few test failures in combination with five.pt. [maurits]
- Fix profiles description to be translated. [vincentfretin]
- Fix failing test. [davisagli]
1.5.5 - 2011-06-15
- Fix required value untested #9833 [encolpe]
1.5.4 - 2011-03-31
- Fix test to work with both 4.0 and 4.1. [elro]
- Create base profile with no dependencies on the default Plone types to allow use in an archetype free dexterity environment [anthonyg]
1.5.3 - 2011-02-04
- Fix failing test. The ‘comment_review_workflow’ from plone.app.discussion is now part of the core. [timo]
1.5.2 - 2011-01-03
- Depend on Products.CMFPlone instead of Plone. [elro]
- Updated the placeful_workflow import step to depends on typeinfo, as we need to make sure all types are available when importing the local policies. [deo]
1.5.1 - 2010-10-27
- Fixed chameleon incompatibility in manage_workflow_policy_config.zpt. Renamed select_workflows.zpt to select_workflows.dtml and select_workflows.zpt to select_workflows.dtml. [swampmonkey]
1.5 - 2010-07-18
- No changes.
1.5b5 - 2010-06-13
- Avoid deprecation warnings under Zope 2.13. [hannosch]
- Avoid using the deprecated five:implements directive. [hannosch]
1.5b4 - 2010-06-03
- Remove references to Large Plone Folder from the included workflow policies. [davisagli]
1.5b3 - 2010-05-01
- Use i18n_domain=cmfplacefulworkflow in profiles.zcml to be able to translate the title and description of the profile. This refs http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9864 [vincentfretin]
1.5b1 - 2009-12-27
- Avoid showing the content type icons in the workflow mapping screens. [hannosch]
- Small code cleanup and removal of unused imports. [hannosch]
1.5a2 - 2009-11-18
- Make CMFPlacefulWorkflow tool an ImmutableId object, but not a UniqueObject. The UniqueObject base class specifies that it is impossible to have any other object with the same id (portal_placeful_workflow). This was breaking in-ZODB GenericSetup snapshots, because the GenericSetup sub-folder for placeful workflow policies happens to also be called portal_placeful_workflow. Plone has a checkId script which disallows shadowing tools anyway, so the UniqueObject base class is a nicety rather than a necessity. [optilude]
1.5a1 - 2009-11-18
- Removed createSnapshot() call from exportimport.txt test. It wasn’t doing anything useful, and caused a distracting test failure not related to CMFPlacefulWorkflow.
- Fix #9359: CMFPlacefulWorkflow defines __implements__ with zope3 interface. [encolpe]
- Remove use of the deprecated document_byline macro in the placeful workflow configuration template. [davisagli]
- Register configlet icon using icon_expr for forwards-compatibility with Plone 4. [davisagli]
- Copied safeEditProperty function from CMFPlone’s migrations package, as that is being removed. [davisagli]
- Change imports from Globals to use canonical locations, for compatibility with Zope 2.12. [davisagli]
- Define wtool inside the prefs_workflow_policy_mapping template. [hannosch]
- Removed settings of the portal_skins tool itself from skins.xml. Specifically, allow_any was set to False, which bit me. [maurits]
- Made worflow policies translatable in prefs_workflow_localpolicies_form. [vincentfretin]
1.4.2 - 2009-03-05
- The Cancel button on the local workflow configuration screen was saving data as much as the Save button. Now it actually cancels the operation. [hannosch]
- Made sure you cannot set a workflow configuration on a non-folderish item in the site root. The actual configuration would end up on the site root. [hannosch]
- Change the local workflow configuration screen to not be shown for the site root, even if you accidentally type in the wrong URL. [hannosch]
- Declare package dependencies and fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals. [hannosch]
- Copied safeEditProperty from CMFPlone.migration_util to avoid a dependency. [hannosch]
- Port evolutions from the 1.3 maintenance branch (old style product). [encolpe]
- Fixed bad version in metadata.xml (again) [encolpe]
- Removed Favorite content type. [hannosch]
- Fixed “ValueError: ‘acquisition’ is not a workflow ID” in prefs_workflow_policy_mapping. Fix prepared by jhackel. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8101 [maurits]
- Fixed bad metadata.xml. [encolpe]
- Fixed incorrect variable name in exception message. [davisagli]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Products.CMFPlacefulWorkflow-1.7.3.tar.gz (47.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 9, 2017|