HTTP cache management for CMF sites
It is a CMF Tool to purge a proxy’s cache. It works with both Squid and Enfold Enterprise Proxy. It is accessible through the Zope Management Interface.
This product is covered by the Zope Public License.
1. a) for Squid proxy caches
Squid does not allow you to purge objects unless it is configured with access controls in squid.conf. First you must add something like:
acl PURGE method purge acl localhost src 127.0.0.1 http_access allow purge localhost http_access deny purge
The above only allows purge requests which come from the local host and denies all other purge requests.
Restart Squid after you did this reconfiguration.
b) for Enfold Enterprise Proxy (EEP) caches
If CMFSquidTool is running on the same machine as EEP, no extra configuration of EEP is necessary.
If CMFSquidTool is running on a different machine, you will need to add a line to your EEP configuration file. The EEP configuration file is located in the EEP application directory and is called ‘eep.ini’.
Using a text editor, add a line like this to your eep.ini file, with the IP addresses of the machines you wish to be able to purge the cache:
remote_admin 127.0.0.1 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
2. Zope Product
Extract this tarball into your Zope Product folder and restart Zope when you did so.
Afterwards install the tool into your portal by using the quickinstaller tool.
Enter the url to your portal root like it is accessable through squid, into the field inside the Squid Cache Urls tab of the portal_squid tool.
If you have Enfold Enterprise Server, a similar interface is available from the Plone Control Panel.
Original version by Simon Eisenmann <email@example.com>.
Modifications for Enfold Enterprise Proxy by:
- Neil Kandalgaonkar <neilk at enfoldsystems.com>
- Robert Rottermann <robert at redcor.ch>
- Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at enfoldsystems.com>
1.5.1 - Feb 3, 2009
- Don’t invalidate FSObject. This avoids invalidation storm on edit after restart when loading skins from file system. [tesdal]
1.5 - June 19, 2008
- Handle purge requests coming in during a transaction commit. This happens when collective.indexing processes its catalog queue during commit and CacheSetup generates purge requests for each indexed object. [wichert]
- Use the built-in set type if available. [wichert]
- Handle appending a URL to an empty queue correctly. [wichert]
1.4.1 - May 1, 2008
- Added an Install.py for Plone 2.5 compatibility [newbery]
1.4 - April 16, 2008
- Switch to using a GenericSetup profile for installation [wichert]
- Repackaged as a python egg. [wichert]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.CMFSquidTool-1.5.1.zip (46.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|