Integration testing framework for CMF.
CMFTestCase is a thin layer on top of the ZopeTestCase package. It has been developed to simplify testing of CMF-based applications and products.
The CMFTestCase package provides
The function installProduct to install a Zope product into the test environment.
The function installPackage to install a Python package registered via five:registerPackage into the test environment. Requires Zope 2.10.4 or higher.
The function setupCMFSite to create a CMF portal in the test db.
Note: setupCMFSite accepts an optional products argument, which allows you to specify a list of products that will be added to the portal. Product installation is performed via the canonical Extensions.Install.install function. Since 0.8.2 you can also pass an extension_profiles argument to import GS extension profiles.
The class CMFTestCase of which to derive your test cases.
The class FunctionalTestCase of which to derive your test cases for functional unit testing.
The classes Sandboxed and Functional to mix-in with your own test cases.
The constants portal_name, portal_owner, default_products, default_base_profile, default_extension_profiles, default_user, and default_password.
The constant CMF15 which evaluates to true for CMF versions >= 1.5.
The constant CMF16 which evaluates to true for CMF versions >= 1.6.
The constant CMF20 which evaluates to true for CMF versions >= 2.0.
The constant CMF21 which evaluates to true for CMF versions >= 2.1.
The constant CMF22 which evaluates to true for CMF versions >= 2.2.
The module utils which contains all utility functions from the ZopeTestCase package.
from Products.CMFTestCase import CMFTestCase CMFTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') CMFTestCase.setupCMFSite(products=('SomeProduct',)) class TestSomething(CMFTestCase.CMFTestCase): def afterSetup(self): self.folder.invokeFactory('Document', 'doc') def testEditDocument(self): self.folder.doc.edit(text_format='plain', text='data') self.assertEqual(self.folder.doc.EditableBody(), 'data')
Example CMFTestCase setup with GenericSetup
from Products.CMFTestCase import CMFTestCase CMFTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') CMFTestCase.setupCMFSite(extension_profiles=('SomeProduct:default',))
Please see the docs of the ZopeTestCase package, especially those of the PortalTestCase class.
Look at the example tests in this directory to get an idea of how to use the CMFTestCase package.
Copy testSkeleton.py to start your own tests.
- Use getSite from zope.component. [hannosch]
0.9.11 - 2010-09-20
- Fix the cleanup method called by safe_load_site to mark the component registry as uninitialized regardless of whether the flag is in Zope2.App.zcml or Products.Five.zcml. [davisagli]
0.9.10 - 2010-07-13
- Make compatible with Zope 2.13 and avoid setup problems with zope.schema vocabularies. [hannosch]
0.9.9 - 2009-11-14
- Call reindexObjectSecurity on the member folder conditionally, as CMF 2.2’s PortalFolder no longer has this method. [davisagli]
- Specify all dependencies in a backwards compatible way. [hannosch]
0.9.8 - 2009-04-19
- Fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals. [hannosch]
- Added CMF22 constant. [stefan]
0.9.8b4 - 2008-10-26
- Fix homepage URL in setup.py. [stefan]
0.9.8b3 - 2008-10-16
- Bugfix: Reindex security of member-area after taking ownership. [stefan]
0.9.8b2 - 2008-10-08
- Egg was broken due to use of svn export. Who’d have thunk setuptools makes a difference? [stefan]
0.9.8b1 - 2008-10-05
- Install all CMF products quietly.
- Eggified Products.CMFTestCase.
- The CMFSite layer can now be set up more than once.
- Deal with new skin setup in CMF 2.1 and up.
- Provide hasPackage and installPackage if ZopeTestCase supports it.
- Use new stateless GenericSetup API in CMF 2.1 and up.
- Minor test fixes to cater for changes in CMF.
- Added support for local component registries. We now call setSite() on the portal before importing profiles and before each test.
- Added CMF21 constant.
- Prepared for switching ZopeTestCase to Zope3 interfaces.
- Load etc/site.zcml lazily instead of using the wrapper.
- Import extension profiles one by one to gain better control.
- Added a CMFTestCase.addProfile() method that allows to import extension profiles into the site. This is an alternative to passing the ‘extension_profiles’ argument to setupCMFSite().
- Create the CMF site lazily using layer.CMFSite.
- Renamed utils.py to five.py.
- Made sure layer cleanup resets Five.zcml to “not initialized”.
- Allow to pass a base profile to the setupCMFSite function.
- Added a ZCMLLayer to support recent Zopes and zope.testing.testrunner. Thanks to Whit Morris.
- Added support for passing a list of GenericSetup extension profiles to the setupCMFSite function.
- Updated to new portal creation process of CMF 1.6.
- Updated to CMF 1.5.
- Added an API module, ctc.py.
- Added an addProduct() method to CMFTestCase that allows to add a product to the portal. This is as alternative to passing a ‘products’ argument to setupCMFSite().
- CMFTestCase now uses the version independend ‘transaction’ module provided by ZopeTestCase >= 0.9.8.
0.6.0 (not released)
- setupCMFSite() now accepts a ‘products’ argument which allows to specify a list of products that will be added to the portal by executing their respective Extensions.Install.install() methods.
- Removed setupCMFSkins() and the ability to setup a CMF site w/o skins.
- Made the ZopeTestCase.utils module available as CMFTestCase.utils.
- Added FunctionalTestCase base class for “functional” CMF tests.
- Test classes now assert their interfaces.
- Package for testing CMF-based products and applications.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.CMFTestCase-0.9.12.zip (28.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|