Uid product for the Zope Content Management Framework
- Which Tool does What?
- Unique Id API
- Update 2007-03-30
- Products.CMFUid Changelog
- 3.0.1 (2018-11-07)
- 3.0 (2018-07-05)
- 2.3.0-beta (2012-03-21)
- 2.2.1 (2010-07-04)
- 2.2.0 (2010-01-04)
- 2.2.0-beta (2009-12-06)
- 2.2.0-alpha (2009-11-13)
- 2.1.2 (2008-09-13)
- 2.1.2-beta (2008-08-26)
- 2.1.1 (2008-01-06)
- 2.1.0 (2007-08-08)
- 2.1.0-beta2 (2007-07-12)
- 2.1.0-beta (2007-03-09)
- 2.1.0-alpha2 (2006-11-23)
- 2.1.0-alpha (2006-10-09)
- Earlier releases
CMFUid introduces a simple unique id implementation.
The supplied tools attach the unique ids to the objects. The objects do not have to be aware of unique ids.
The current implementation depends on the portal catalog to find an object of a given unique id. The interfaces do not imply the use of the catalog (except the IUniqueIdBrainQuery).
The ‘portal_uidgenerator’ tools responsibility is to generate unique ids. The ‘portal_uidannotation’ tool is responsible to attach unique ids to a content object, and enforce rules about what happens on object move/create/delete. The ‘portal_uidhandler’ manages registering and accessing unique ids.
This design was chosen to allow users replacing only parts of the functionality without having to understand the whole thing.
‘portal_uidhandler’ implementing ‘IUniqueIdHandler’ is the main API for playing with unique ids.
‘portal_uidhandler’ fully implements IUniqueIdHandler (IUniqueIdSet for registering/unregistering unique ids, IUniqueIdQuery for queries and IUniqueIdBrainQuery for more efficient queries by returning catalog brains instead of objects).
The current implementation of get/queryBrain and get/queryObject do not return invisible objects (and brains of invisible objects). By invisible objects, we mean objects that would be filtered out by portal_catalog.searchResults due to expiry/effective date and/or user roles.
It is often necessary to avoid this filtering in an application. To do this, use the unrestrictedGet/QueryBrain and unrestrictedGet/QueryObject as this will avoid ‘None’ results.
Have a look at the interfaces.
CMFUid’s functionality is used by CMFDefault’s favorite content type to follow linked objects. The favorite content type works as before if CMFUid is not installed.
The annotation code has been updated to use events for assigning/removing uids. The settings for this live in the portal_uidannotation tool.
The default behaviour is:
- uids are NOT assigned when an object is created (it is assumed that other code is responsible for this)
- when an object is moved, a UID is not changed
- when an object is imported, any EXISTING UID is removed (this can be controlled via the ‘remove_on_add’ property)
- when an object is copied, any EXISTING UID is removed (this can be controlled via the ‘remove_on_clone’ property)
A more natural behaviour is for UIDs to be assigned automatically on creation. To enable this feature:
- tick the ‘assign UIDs on add’ tickbox (uids will now be assigned when content is added or imported and any EXISTING uid will be replaced)
- tick the ‘assign UIDs on copy’ tickbox (objects will get a NEW uid when they are copied which will replace any EXISTING uid)
In order to preserve the original behaviour of the tool, automatic assignment of uids is NOT enabled by default - it must be turned on in the uidannotation tool.
The behaviour is hooked in based on object creating/deletion/move events for any IContentish objects. The event handlers live in the UniqueIdAnnotation tool.
- fix test isolation problems [petschki]
- Require Zope >= 4.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Adapt tests to the new indexing operations queueing. Part of PLIP 1343: https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1343 [gforcada]
- Made sure converted tools are used as utilities.
- Require at least Zope 2.13.12.
- Deal with deprecation warnings for Zope 2.13.
- Fix markup error (Chameleon compatibility)
- no changes from version 2.2.0-beta
- no changes from version 2.2.0-alpha
moved the Zope dependency to version 2.12.0b3dev
Cleaned up / normalized imports:
o Don’t import from Globals; instead, use real locations.
- o Make other imports use the actual source module, rather than an
intermediate (e.g., prefer importing ‘ClassSecurityInfo’ from ‘AccessControl.SecurityInfo’ rather than from ‘AccessControl’).
Add missing utility registration for IUniqueIdHandler. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/299058 .
UniqueIdHandlerTool: Call the reindexObject attribute of the object getting a uid, rather than portal_catalog’s reindexObject. This is needed to properly handle objects like the portal itself which shouldn’t get catalogued ever.
Removed redundant and unexpected code to auto-create catalog index and column for the UID handler tool. The index and column are already created by the default CMFUid GenericSetup profile. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/472)
- no changes from 2.1.2-beta
- completed devolution from monolithic CMF package into its component products that are distributed as eggs from PyPI.
- testing: Base UidEventZCMLLayer on ZopeTestCase.layer.ZopeLite.
- UniqueIdHandlerTool: Use %r instead of %s in error messages, so we don’t trip over non-ASCII representations (e.g. File and Image).
- no changes
- Testing: Derive test layers from ZopeLite layer if available.
- Fixed all componentregistry.xml files to use plain object paths and strip and slashes. GenericSetup does only support registering objects which are in the site root.
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.4
- Remove antique usage of marker attributes in favor of interfaces, leaving BBB behind for places potentially affecting third-party code. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/440)
- Add POST-only protections to security critical methods. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0240)
- UniqueIdAnnotationTool: Annotation handling has been switched from triggering it through old-style manage_*-methods to using events. UID assigning behavior has been made more flexible. Please review CMFUid/README.txt for information about the current behavior and the new features. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/474)
- moved the Zope dependency to verson 2.10.2
- Tool lookup and registration is now done “the Zope 3 way” as utilities, see http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/docs/ToolsAreUtilities.stx?view=auto
- UniqueIdHandlerTool: Touching the internal UID value on a content item will not cause reindexing all indices anymore, only the specific UID index will be touched. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/469)
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.1
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope 2.10+.
- browser views: Added some zope.formlib based forms.
- testing: Added test layers for setting up ZCML.
- skins: Changed encoding of translated portal_status_messages. Now getBrowserCharset is used to play nice with Five forms. Customized setRedirect and getMainGlobals scripts have to be updated.
- Profiles: All profiles are now registered by ZCML.
- ZClasses: Removed unmaintained support for ZClasses. Marked the ‘initializeBases*’ methods as deprecated.
- Content: Added IFactory utilities for all content classes. They are now used by default instead of the old constructor methods.
- Content: All content classes are now registered by ZCML. ContentInit is still used to register oldstyle constructors.
- setup handlers: Removed support for CMF 1.5 CMFSetup profiles.
For a complete list of changes before version 2.1.0-alpha, see the HISTORY.txt file on the CMF-2.1 branch: http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/HISTORY.txt?view=auto
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.CMFUid-3.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (25.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.CMFUid-3.0.1.tar.gz (21.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.CMFUid-3.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl