Managing lectures, seminars and other courses.
ECLecture is a Plone product for managing lectures, seminars and other courses.
See the Installing an Add-on Product tutorial for more detailed product installation instructions.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing ECLecture is very simple. You can install it by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = ... Products.ECLecture
After updating the configuration you need to run bin/buildout, which will take care of updating your system.
Then restart your zope instance and use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECLecture.
Installing without buildout
Move (or symlink) the ECLecture folder of this project (Products.ECLecture/Products/ECLecture) into the Products directory of the Zope instance it has to be installed for, and restart the server. Use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECLecture.
For questions and discussions about ECLecture, please join the eduComponents mailing list.
# Changes in release 1.4 (2011-08-10)
- Added compatibility for Plone 4. Plone 3.x support has been dropped. Plone 3 users should use ECLecture 1.3.x.
# Changes in release 1.3.1 (2010-04-26)
- Fixed issue: Plone’s default view methods (folder_summary_view, folder_tabular_view, and folder_listing) does not work for ECFolder.
- Fixed issue: Icons for lecture resources are not shown.
# Changes in release 1.3 (2008-09-24)
- ECLecture was completly re-implemented with support for Plone 3.x. It is now eggified and uploaded to PyPI. An old-style tarball distribution is still available at plone.org.
# Changes in release 1.2.1 (2008-01-06)
- Added Plone-3.0 compatibility / removed deprecation warnings
# Changes in release 1.2 (2007-06-27)
- Inherits from ECFolder (from the ECAssignmentBox product), if available. This enables the use of ECLecture as a top-level folder for a course with the statistics and assignments listing functions from ECFolder.
- Internal registration support: If you enter “ecl_register” into the Registration link field, ECLecture will handle registration to the course. Users who want to register must be known to Plone. You must also set an Associated group in ECLecture.