This product is a FCKEditor Plone integration. This work is not a Kupu competitor, on the contrary it could not live without Kupu and it takes many features from Kupu. Talking about Kupu vs FCKeditor is a sterile discussion, use it only if you need it, in some situations it could be a precious partner, in other cases it could be unnecessary.
The new default configuration is 100% Plone aware, since text fonts, forms and colors menus has been removed (you can always add it through configlet and toolbar customization at your own risk). A better solution is to improve the templates menu and the styles menu configurations through configlet or widget.
Speaking of widget, since FCKeditor 2.4.3 a specific widget has been added in FCK.Plone product for developpers who want different fckeditor configurations for different fields in their own AT content types.
- For more information read documentation inside product :
- “docs” folder contains all documentation
- “_whatsnew.html”, “_documentation.html” and “_upgrade.html” contain informations about the original FCKEditor product.
FCKeditor.Plone 2.6.4 - Plone product installation
FCKeditor.Plone 2.6.4 is based on FCKeditor 2.6.4 original code source. This package is Plone 3.xx and Plone 2.5.x compatible (Plone 2.0x is no more supported, this last release was not tested with Plone 2.1.x) Since 2.4.3, Plone3 kss rich content edition is fully supported.
Go to your Plone Site > Plone Control Panel > Add Remove Products, Choose FCKeditor … or use Portal_QuickInstaller inside ZMI.
Then read docs/FAQ.txt
Upgrade : read the upgrade help in docs/FAQ.txt
download + install from SVN: read docs/SVN.txt (important)
Plone project page (infos, tracker, download …) : http://plone.org/products/fckeditor
Issues Tracker : http://trac.ingeniweb.com
For more information about original editor:
FCKeditor - The text editor for internet Version 2.6 Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Frederico Caldeira Knabben Authors: Frederico Caldeira Knabben (email@example.com) see license.txt
- FCKeditor.Plone :
Licensed under the terms of the following license :
- GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the “GPL”) http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html (See Appendix A)
Since June 2006 : (c) Ingeniweb SARL - firstname.lastname@example.org Maintainers : Jean-mat Grimaldi, Gilles Lenfant, Youenn Boussard Thx to: Frederico and the FCKeditor community Ingeniweb boys and girls … see old releases for all many thx
FCKEditor Plone Help :
I. FCKeditor.Plone upgrade
- Uninstall FCK editor from your Plone site (Quick Installer or Plone Control Panel)
- Delete FCKeditor directory from your_instance/Products directory if exists (for versions < 2.6)
- Read INSTALL.txt for buildout installation or how to use easy_install
- Restart Zope
- Install FCKeditor.Plone in your Plone Site via QuickInstaller or Plone Control Panel
- Configure FCKeditor through the Plone control panel.
When upgrading from FCKeditor.Plone >= 2.2.x fckeditor plone properties are preserved after install/uninstall but if you want you can clean it (recommanded) : ZMI > your site > portal_properties - delete fckeditor_properties Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.3.2 spellCheck properties have changed, if you have customized your toolbar, change “SpellCheck” in “rtSpellCheck” for ff2+ and MSIE6+ client spellchecker. If you were using aspell server spellchecker, it’s not required. Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.3.3 “FitWindow” button has been added to switch editor field in fullscreen mode, if you have customized your toolbar, add ‘FitWindow’ in your customized toolbar. Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.4.1 “UniversalKey” function has been removed, if you have customized your toolbar, remove ‘UniversalKey’ from your customized toolbar. Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.4.3 “UniversalKey” function has been re-added as optional plugin, you can add ‘UniversalKey’ in your customized toolbar. Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.4.3 new important properties have been added, so deleting fckeditor_properties is highly recommanded (just rename it and you would be able to copy/paste by hand some of your customized properties) Since FCKEditor.Plone 2.6 one property have been removed : “gecko_uses_span” (no more useful because IE doesn’t use Font tag anymore)
Use CacheFu to get better performances, or at least, just change standard Plone HTTPCache params (unselect anonymous only !!!).
Upgrade from old FCK.Plone versions (<=2.2) :
- Delete all previous specific FCKeditor ZMI customizations,
- You could need to upgrade your members wysiwyg_editor property in your portal_membership (this property has changed since FCKeditor.Plone 2.0.1 for easy cohabitation with Kupu and Epoz), follow these steps :
- In your Plone site ZMI > create an External Method Id : updateFckUsers Title : updateFckUsers Module Name : FCKeditor.updateFckUsers Function Name : updateFckUsers
- Click on test
- Your portal_membership is updated
II. FCKeditor.Plone Update from svn
If you have downloaded FCKeditor.Plone from Plone collective SVN, launch utils/base2zope.py at python prompt, before installation, it’s a mandatory.
How to enable flash publication with Plone ? ZMI > your Plone Site > portal_transforms > safe_html Add “embed” tag (value=1) in valid_tags Remove “embed” tag from nasty_tags Restart your instance.
How to enable font color/size modifications ? Go to fckeditor controlpanel, choose custom toolbar and choose to enable fonts and colors.
How to disable file and/or image and/or flash upload ? Set this option in FCKEditor Plone Control Panel
How To change default style in editor windows ? plone.css & ploneCustom.css (plone 2.0.x)) or portal_css (plone 2.1) are used by default. You can set your own css with FCKEditor Plone Control Panel
How To change toolbars set ? with FCKEditor Plone Control Panel
How To Force Paste as Plain Text when copy-paste from rich-text document ? choose this option with FCKEditor Plone Control Panel
How to disable unique ID referencing when browsing server AT Content Types and Plone 2.1 standard Content types ? Use the FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
How to publish absolute links ? Nothing to do. In editor and after page saving, all internal links are stored as “unik id” links, but these links are transformed in absolute urls by Plone portal_transforms when displaying the page for a simple view.
How to use your custom styles in the editor area and combo menu ? In the FCKeditor Plone Control Panel Modify the field “FCK Editor Styles List” If you want to use classes you need to check up your plone styles
How to set FCK Editor as default editor for all new members in your Plone site : - Go in ZMI > Your Site > portal_member_data > properties - In the field “wysiwyg_editor” enter “FCKeditor” - submit the form
How to force the Member personal folder as opening folder in browser and for fast upload ? Choose this option in FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
How to force the browser’s root to Member personnal folder ? If you follow the step 9, the user will use his personnal folder for fast upload and the browser will be open in this folder, but the user is still able to browse all site published contents. You can set the browser root if you want :
To force the browser root to Member personal Folder : choose this option in FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
How to force browser path or browser root to a particular folder ? Choose it in the FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
How does FireFox 2.0 spellchecker work ? End User must click on spellchecker icon. End User must install and choose dictionnary for his language by right clicking in fckeditor area or another form text area. When spellcheck icon is enable in FCK bad words are red underlined Now, user can replace/add to dictionnary …. in editor area. FireFox spellchecker is really powerful feature, advise authors to use FireFox ;-)
How to change portal_types used for file/image/flash upload ? Choose it in the FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
How To make FCKeditor able to browse inside my specific PloneArticle based types ? Choose your Plone Article meta_types in FCKEditor Control Panel.
Why did you get many errors after upgrading FCKeditor.Plone (content disappearing, js errors, editor disappearing …)? Read carefully $ I
How to get different FCKeditor configurations for different fields in my own AT Content Types ? Use FCKWidget for your fields (see RichContentDemo.py for an example)
How to use flvPlayer plugin (at your own risk - not recommanded) : - add ‘flvPlayer’ button in custom toolbar - remove script tags from nasty tags in portal_transforms > safe_html - add script tag as valid tags in portal_transforms > safe_html
How to use the WebSpellChecker provided by www.spellchecker.net ? Choose the WSC option in FCKeditor Plone Control Panel
IV. SUPPORT OPEN SOURCE
You want the last fckeditor version for Plone ? You need new features ? You need more support ?
It’s easy, send an email to email@example.com, we will explain you how to support our work and how we could maintain this product together.
Roadmap - 2008/06/30
make a new package plone.fckeditor
Generic Setup Plone installer
deadline : August 2008
Replace python scripts (really messed up) by clean Five views.
deadline : August 2008
Import the original fckeditor code (html + js) as a browser folder resource, no more as a CMF skin layout.
deadline : August 2008
choose a portal_type for Media Upload
deadline : October 2008
deadline : October 2008
add options for power users roles in configlet power users will be able to change toolbar and/or other parameters
deadline : October/November 2008
Good intents - 2008/06/13
- more documentation and screencasts for end users
- A more functional “plone explorer” (ajax browser to edit/remove/publish ….), which can be used as a separate widget for fast attachments upload, fast linking, … A separate product will be the good way.
- A python server-side spellchecker script to make fckeditor spellchecker pages more easy to use with Plone. This feature is easy to implement, but it’s no more a priority because client side spellcheckers are more practical, and FCKEditor.Plone always provides FireFox and MSIE spellcheckers integration.
All contributions are welcome.
LAST CHANGES :
Changes in FCK.Plone 2.6.4 - last release (**) :
- Includes FCKeditor 2.6.4 version (see docs/_whatsnew.html) FCKeditor.Plone is not impacted by the security issue fixed in 220.127.116.11 (the connector used for browsing files is Plone specific)
- Merge gotcha branch (review state class added in browser results) - Thanks to Godefroid ;-)
- modified ConvertToXmlAttribute method to include escaping of less-than and greater-than characters to XML entities - Thanks to Matth
- rtspellcheck plugin patched (plugin is only loaded when client spellchecker is choosen in configuration)
- Fix XHTML errors in WSC html pages (new WebSpellChecker added in FCKeditor 2.6.4)
- include new 2.6.4 SpellChecker options in fckeditor control panel, you can choose 3 options :
- client spellchecker (iespell or firefox standard spellchecker), it’s the default option.
- WSC (see WebSpellChecker in fckeditor documentation and www.spellchecker.net)
- Your own speller pages (collective.diy)
(**) The next releases will be called collective.ckeditor or something else, i don’t know.
Changes in FCK.Plone 18.104.22.168 (UNRELEASED) :
- We can specify a list of stylesheets paths (relative to portal) or stylesheets urls to replace portal_css resources for editor area. Useful with Deliverance
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Products.FCKeditor-2.6.4-py2.4.egg (3.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Jul 16, 2009|
|Products.FCKeditor-2.6.4.zip (3.6 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 16, 2009|