Read Zope configuration state from profile dirs / tarballs
This product provides a mini-framework for expressing the configured state of a Zope Site as a set of filesystem artifacts. These artifacts consist of declarative XML files, which spell out the configuration settings for each “tool” in the site , and supporting scripts / templates, in their “canonical” filesystem representations.
See https://productsgenericsetup.readthedocs.io/ for full documentation.
- Fix compatibility with Zope 5.3, where a lines property is expected to contain text, instead of bytes. (#109)
- Fix Issue #83 where empty Versions caused an Error [gogobd]
- Enforce access control on setup tool log files and snapshot files and folders. (#101)
- Add support for Python 3.9.
- When logging an upgrade, print the version tuple joined by dots.
- Renamed xml dir to xml_templates. This avoids an import warning on Python 2.7.
- Remove Zope 2.13 fossils to stay compatible with Zope 5
- Force saving unpersisted changes in toolset registry. (#86)
- Fix the sorting of upgrade steps. [vanderbauwhede]
- no changes since 2.0b6
- Zope 4 ZMI: Added icon
- Zope 4 ZMI: declare that creating a GS tool does not need an add dialog (#80)
- clean up setup.py and remove support for setup.py test (#73)
- add support for unicode data in writeDataFile (#79)
- Specify supported Python versions using python_requires in setup.py
- Adding suport for Python 3.8
- Fix deprecation warnings for cgi.escape by using html.escape (#76)
- Convert input from xml configuration with correct encoding before passing to type_converter. (#77) [sallner]
- Do not turn ulines and multiple selection into bytes. [davisagli]
- Set body of PythonScripts as text in py3. [pbauer]
- Compare encodings so that UTF-8 and utf-8 are the same. [pbauer]
- Compare DOM as text in py3. [pbauer]
- Add Python 3.7 support.
- Support zope.configuration >= 4.2.
- Proper string/bytes handling for _createObjectByType. In Python2 everything is written as bytes, while on Python3 everything is written as text except files and images which are stored as bytes [ale-rt]
- Require Zope 4.0b4 as minimum supported Zope version and drop explicit Zope2 egg dependency.
- Drop Python 3.4 support
- Fixed tests with Products.ZCatalog 4.1. [maurits]
- When metadata.xml parsing fails, show the filename in the ExpatError. Fixes Plone issue 2303.
- Prevent AttributeError ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘decode’. [maurits]
- Finished compatibility with Python 3.5 and 3.6
- Made the code PEP-8 compliant
- Do not mask KeyError in ‘getProfileDependencies’ from missing dependency profiles. Refs: https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/2228 [ida]
- Require Zope 4.0a6 as minimum supported Zope version.
- Moved support for MailHost import/export into the Products.MailHost package to cut the hard dependency.
- Added tox testing configuration.
- Pushed documentation to RTD: https://productsgenericsetup.readthedocs.io/.
- Fixed upgradeStep discriminator so that similar steps for different profiles will not conflict.
- Fixed upgradeDepends discriminator so that steps inside upgradeSteps will conflict with steps outside if they have the same checker.
- Fix import of UnrestrictedUser.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Require Zope 4.0a3 as minimum supported Zope version.
- Allow registering the same profile twice if it really is the same. This is mostly for tests where the registry may not be cleaned up correctly in case of problems in test teardown. If you register the same profile twice in zcml, you still get a conflict from zope.configuration during Zope startup. [maurits]
- Added a purge_old option to the tarball import form. By default this option is checked, which matches the previous behavior. If you uncheck it, this avoids purging old settings for any import step that is run. [maurits]
- Stopped using a form library to render the components form.
- Made _profile_upgrade_versions a PersistentMapping. When (un)setLastVersionForProfile is called, we migrate the original Python dictionary. This makes some code easier and plays nicer with transactions, which may especially help during tests. [maurits]
- Allowed overriding required and forbidden tools in toolset.xml. If a tool is currently required and you import a toolset.xml where it is forbidden, we remove the tool from the required list and add it to the forbidden list. And the other way around. The previous behavior was to raise an exception, which left no way in xml to remove a tool. Fail with a ValueError when the remove keyword is used. The expected behavior is unclear. [maurits]
- Added optional pre_handler and post_handler to registerProfile directive. When set, these dotted names are resolved to a function and are passed the setup tool as single argument. They are called before and after applying all import steps of the profile they are registered for. [maurits]
- Sorted import profiles alphabetically lowercase. Allow selecting a profile by title or id. [maurits]
- Do not show dependency options on the full import tab when there are no dependencies. [maurits]
- Do not select a profile by default in the import tabs. [maurits]
- Added simple toggle for all steps on the advanced import tab. Also added this on the export tab. [maurits]
- Fixed importing a tarball. This got an AttributeError: “‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘startswith’”. [maurits]
- Split overly complex Import tab into three tabs: Import (for importing a full profile), Advanced Import (the original manage_importSteps url leads to this tab), and Tarball Import. [maurits]
- Show note on import tab when there are pending upgrades. Especially show this for the currently selected profile. [maurits]
- Upgrades tab: show profiles with pending upgrades separately. These are the most important ones. This avoids the need to manually go through the whole list in order to find profiles that may need action. This uses new methods on the setup tool: hasPendingUpgrades, listProfilesWithPendingUpgrades, listUptodateProfiles. [maurits]
- Purge the profile upgrade versions before applying a base profile.
- Added purgeProfileVersions method to portal_setup. This removes the all profiles profile upgrade versions.
- Added unsetLastVersionForProfile method to portal_setup. This removes the profile id from the profile upgrade versions. Calling setLastVersionForProfile with unknown as version now has the same effect.
- Be more forgiving when dealing with profile ids with or without profile- at the start. All functions that accept a profile id argument and only work when the id does not have this string at the start, will now strip it off if it is there. For example, getLastVersionForProfile will give the same answer whether you ask it for the version of profile id foo or profile-foo.
- Dependency profiles from metadata.xml that are already applied, are not applied again. Instead, its upgrade steps, if any, are applied. In code you can choose the old behavior of always applying the dependencies, by calling runAllImportStepsFromProfile with dependency_strategy=DEPENDENCY_STRATEGY_REAPPLY. There are four strategies, which you can choose in the ZMI.
- Fix: when the last applied upgrade step had a checker, the profile version was not updated. Now we no longer look at the checker of the last applied step when deciding whether to set the profile version. The checker, if any is set, normally returns True before running the step (it can be applied), and False afterwards (it was already applied).
- Add upgradeProfile method to setup tool. This method applies all upgrades steps for the given profile, or updates it to the optional given version. If the profile does not exist, or if there is no upgrade step to go to the specified version, the method warns and does nothing.
- Check the boolean value of the remove option when importing objects. Previously we only checked if the remove option was given, regardless of its value. Supported are True, Yes, and 1, where case does not matter. The syntax for removing objects, properties, and elements is now the same.
- Support remove="True" for properties.
- Enable testing under Travis.
- Fix compatibility with Setuptools 8.0 and later. Upgrade steps could get sorted in the wrong order, especially an empty version string (upgrade step from any source version) sorted last instead of first.
- Allow skipping certain steps on runAllImportStepsFromProfile.
- On import, avoid clearing indexes whose state is unchanged.
- Sort profiles on Upgrade form.
- Use clickable labels with checkboxes on import, export and upgrade forms to improve usability.
- Avoid using manage_FTPGet on snapshot exports: that method messes up the response headers.
- ZopePageTemplate handler: Fix export encoding: since 1.7.0, exports must be UTF-8 strings
- Restore the ability to make the setup tool use only import / export steps explicitly called out by the current profile, ignoring any which might be globally registered. This is particularly useful for configuring sites with baseline profiles, where arbitrary add-on steps are not only useless, but potentially damaging.
- While importing toolset.xml, print a warning when the class of a required tool is not found and continue with the next tool. The previous behaviour could break the install or uninstall of any add-on, as the missing class may easily be from a different unrelated add-on that is no longer available in the zope instance.
- Exporters now explicitly only understand strings. The provided registry handlers encode and decode data automatically to and from UTF-8. Their default encoding changed from None to UTF-8. If you have custom registry handlers, ensure that you encode your unicode. Check especially if you use a page template to generate xml. They return unicode and their output must also encoded. If you choose to encode your strings with UTF-8, you can be sure that your code will also work with GenericSetup < 1.7
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.GenericSetup-2.1.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (176.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.GenericSetup-2.1.4.tar.gz (150.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.GenericSetup-2.1.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for Products.GenericSetup-2.1.4.tar.gz