zope.sendmail integration for Zope.
The MailHost product provides support for sending email from within the Zope environment using MailHost objects.
An optional character set can be specified to automatically encode unicode input, and perform appropriate RFC 2822 header and body encoding for the specified character set. Full python email.Message.Message objects may be sent.
Email can optionally be encoded using Base64 or Quoted-Printable encoding (though automatic body encoding will be applied if a character set is specified).
MailHost provides integration with the Zope transaction system and optional support for asynchronous mail delivery. Asynchronous mail delivery is implemented using a queue and a dedicated thread processing the queue. The thread is (re)-started automatically when sending an email. The thread can be started manually (in case of restart) by calling its manage_restartQueueThread?action=start method through HTTP. There is currently no possibility to start the thread at Zope startup time.
Supports TLS/SSL encryption (requires Python compiled with SSL support).
To force MailHost to only queue mails without sending them, activate queuing in the ZMI and set the environment variable MAILHOST_QUEUE_ONLY=1. This could be helpful in a staging environment where mails should not be sent.
- Use standard conforming \r\n line endings. This may require adaptations in testsSupport messages with line separation \r\n (#35).
- We depend on zope.sendmail >= 5.1.
- Support messages with explicit Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit (#30).
- Fix DeprecationWarnings from DocumentTemplate with import changes
- Do not start QueueProcessorThread on configuration update. (#14)
- Fix breaking sendmail tag rendering with DocumentTemplate > 3
- Add ability to disable sending of queued mails. Details see README.rst. (#14)
- Add icon for Bootstrap ZMI.
- Fix start-up in case Products.GenericSetup is not installed. (#9)
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Fix GenericSetup support for GenericSetup 2.x
- Fix DeprecationWarnings
- PEP-8 code style compliance
- Drop support for Python 3.4
- Move GenericSetup export/import support from the GenericSetup package to MailHost as a setuptools extra.
- Python 3 compatibility
- Require Zope 4, aka drop Zope 2.13 support.
- add test coverage reporting
- Use @implementer class decorator.
- Drop long-deprecated support for uuencoded emails.
- Remove HelpSys support.
- Adjust tests to pass with latest zope.sendmail versions.
- Specify detailed distribution dependencies.
- LP #642728: Fixed TypeError on nested multi part messages in MailHost.
- Released as separate package.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.MailHost-4.11-py2.py3-none-any.whl (29.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.MailHost-4.11.tar.gz (25.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.MailHost-4.11-py2.py3-none-any.whl