A memory profiler for zope
MemoryProfiler provides memory profiling support for Zope. It use heapy (http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/#Heapy) in internal. It’s just an interface to this tool.
As zope profiler, the tool is automatic created in control panel of your zope instance
- You start profiling by a click to the start button, you take an snapshot of the memory at instant t.
- When you click to updateSnapshot, you will see what objects are added between the start and the click to updateSnashot. It will be usefull to detect Memory Leak.
- Each snapshot is store (as string) results to be consult later (link to the date).
- The button clear db cache clear all zeo cache of all mounting point so you can see the impact of the memory of those cache.
- You can see reference of a particular class in memory with the button reference detail.
- Index is the index of the table of the last snapshot
- depth is the depth in the tree of reference and
- limit is the number of results that the reference method should be return.
For windows users, you must compile guppy. There is an egg for python 2.6 but no for python 2.4. I have fatal error with Mingw to compile guppy. I hope that we have soon a binary egg to for python 2.4.
I hope that this tool give to us usefull informations to the memory consume by zope.
0.1 - Unreleased
- Initial release