A new theme for Plone 3.0
NuPlone is a new theme for Plone 3.0 made by
NuPlone is a “taste of things to come”, as much as an example of how radically different a theme for Plone can look, using just CSS.
It’s a design exploration meant to inform the next-generation default Plone look, but it’s also usable in its own right.
In addition, it serves as a good example of advanced CSS styles in Plone:
- It is much cleaner and more compact than the old Plone CSS, which has grown to become quite bloated over the last 5 years. If you want to learn about CSS and Plone, this is a great starting point.
- It’s an example of a static layout as opposed to the fluid layout of default Plone.
- It is logically grouped and well-commented.
- It’s much smaller (~25K uncompressed!)
NuPlone is a bit different from the standard theme, and the following tweaks will help you get closer to what the designers intended:
- Add the search portlet as the topmost portlet in the left column.
- Turn off icon display in “Theme settings”.
Being a new theme, this hasn’t received the amount of testing and quality assurance that has gone into the default Plone theme over the years, so we suspect there are bugs in various browsers, especially in Internet Explorer.
It is also implemented on top of the standard table-for-layout setup in the default theme - please note that it’s easy to make this theme tableless if you should wish to do so. We have to ship something that is more robust in broken browsers like Internet Explorer by default, though.
If you find any bugs (or even better: solutions for these bugs), please report them in the “Plone issue tracker”, selecting ‘NuPlone theme’ as the component.
We hope you like it!
1.0beta1 - March 9, 2008
- Lots of changes [lots of people]
0.5 - Feb 25, 2007
- Added metadata.xml file to the profile. [hannosch]
- Tagged the first version to coincide with the Plone 3.0 beta release. [limi]
- Generated skeleton product from DIYPloneStyle 2.5. [generator]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.NuPlone-1.0b1-py2.4.egg (63.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.NuPlone-1.0b1.tar.gz (41.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.NuPlone-1.0b1-py2.4.egg