A booking center for Plone
- Plone 3.x or Plone 4.x
- with the commands easy install Products.PloneBooking.
- with buildout, just add Products.PloneBooking in your egg list then run bin/buildout.
- Use portal_quickinstaller to install the PloneBooking in ZMI (or use plone_setup in Plone control panels)
PloneBooking proposes several content types for Plone: a booking center that contains bookable objects and bookings. You can do some configuration in your booking center like choosing the default view or determining types and categories for bookable objects.
How to book objects ?
- Add a booking on a bookable object.
- There are two methods :
- Browse the calendar and click on the ‘+’ in one of the cells.
- Click “add booking” on a bookable object.
- Then :
- fill out the form: title (not necessary), your name and email.
- Choose an interval for your booking.
- You might want to add a comment.
- Validate. Perhaps there is an other booking for the same object at the same time. If so change your request.
- There are two methods :
- Adding periodicity settings to your booking (Wich will regularly duplicate
- Select your booking in your calendar or in the listing view.
- Click on the periodicity tab.
- There are 3 kinds of periodicity.
- Set the finishing date of your periodicity.
- Click “display results”. It will show you every booking to create.
- Click “Create bookings” if you agree with the results.
- The first booking isn’t shown as it’s your original booking.
- Some might be already booked. Select an other date or interval by coming back on the ‘edit’ tab.
- Removing a booking
- Come back to your booking throught the calendar view or listing view.
- Click “Retract”
- That’s it, your booking has been removed.
Bookings you’ve just created can be in a pending state. (depending how your booking center has been set up). Just wait for a moderator to validate it.
PloneBooking Content Types
- BookingCenter: it is the main container. You can create one or more BookingCenter on a plone site.
- BookableObject: this is a ressource that users could book (like a room for example).
- Booking: you create this kind of objet to book a BookableObject.
A tool is installed by the installer. It provides mainly some datemanagement methods.
Concept, development and tests
The Ingeniweb team http://www.ingeniweb.com
- Added z3c.autoinclude awareness [encolpe]
- Fixed exception on startup [encolpe]
- pyflakes and pep8 cleanup [glenfant]
- Reindented all templates [glenfant]
- Support for new Plone 4.1 role “Site Administrator” [glenfant]
- Merged changes from “plone4.0” branch [glenfant]
- Added Plone 4.0 and 4.1 support (keul + micmord)
- Fixed bad code in export BrowserView (on plone4.x doesn’t work at all) - No code in __init__ but use of __call__ method - Export form from get to post method - Working parameters check - Use statusmessages with translation service - Export days range on config.py [micmord]
- Fixed bug that loses the indexes on product reinstall [micmord]
- Hide Booking from the navtree [micmord]
- Basic Plone 4 compatibility [keul]
- Added icon for booking center and bookable [keul]
- Fixed bug that completly brakes AJAX calendar reload when using categories [keul]
- Default booking “Full name” is now automatically taken from the user is if no fullname provided [keul]
- Fixed translations: in some places is needed direct access to translation_service [keul]
- Completed italian translation [keul]
2.2.3 - 2010/04
- Brazilian and Portugese translations added / modified Thx to erico_andrei
- German translations modified Thx to floydthebarber and fsprenger
- Fixed : workflow_actions doesn’t work in Plone 3 quick correction in plone_booking macros.pt to get available transitions [macadames]
- contentViews and contentActions must not appear on edit forms plonebooking_add_form is fixed (disable border in top slot) [macadames]
- Permissions to Add Bookable Object added for Editor, Contributor (new Plone Roles) [macadames]
2.2.1 - 2008/11/21
- Product is eggified
2.2.0 - 2008/04/08
- Full ajax to add bookings
- Is Plone 3 compliant, Older release are not supported
- Export is now available
- Added Czech translation (initial) by Lukas Zdych
- Does not display links to add booking when you don’t have the permission
- Added german translation, thanks to Sebastian Stark (seb AT biskalar de)
- Changed plonebooking_macros.pt to only show the possibility of adding bookings when this is permitted. (Suggested by Sebastian Stark (seb AT biskalar de))
2.0.12 - 2006/11/13
- Cleaned up .po files (Maik Röder)
- Fix for a translation issue where there was no month name in month view. (Maik Röder)
- Added Dutch translation by Sander van Geloven
2.0.11 - 2006/04/19
- Add ajax to display booking information in a popup in calendar view
- Display “+” button on BookableObject calendar view for anonymous
- Fix a bug in plonebooking_add script when portal_factory is not activated on Booking objects
2.0.10 - 2006/04/07
- Release on Plone.org
- Make it compatible with Plone 2.1
- Do not shows booking in the navtree anymore
2.0.9 - 2006/03/23
- Check date when creating a new booking. End date must be later than start date.
2.0.8 - 2006/03/09
- Only authenticated users can use plonebooking_add_form template
2.0.7 - 2006/02/24
- Add progress bar when deleting or retracting bookings
2.0.6 - 2006/02/13
- Add translations
- Sort category and resources on the calendar view
- Fix a bug on second type of periodicity. It was impossible to create bookings
2.0.5 - 2006/02/08
- Add a progess bar when creating periodic bookings.
2.0.4 - 2006/02/02
- Fix: Booking finishing at the same time a periodicity booking start and its opposite used to being shown as reserved
2.0.3 - 2006/01/31
- Fix bug : when creating periodic bookings, engine was’t looking for existing booking in the same periods.
2.0.2 - 2006/01/26
- Fixed bug with timezone changes
2.0 - 2006/01/12
- When creating periodic booking display a waiting message for the user
- Display local date and not gmt date
- Use folder_workflow for BookingCenter
- When adding a booking, round minutes to a multiple of 5
- Big refactoring of version 1.0
1.0 - 2005/08/12
- Improve calendar views
- Add periodic bookings feature
- move tool properties (categories, types) to the BookingCenter
- add two properties “default_calendar_view” and “available_calendar_views” on BookingCenter
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.PloneBooking-3.0.0a2.tar.gz (163.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for Products.PloneBooking-3.0.0a2.tar.gz