A complete Newsletter product for Plone.
This is the PloneGazette product
o Zope 2.10.4 or later
o CMFPlone 3.0
o MaildropHost (optional) : this product is highly recommanded for mass mailing. http://www.dataflake.org/software/maildrophost
WARNING: PloneGazette is old product which is not extensively developed from 2008. Please consider using of collective.dancing if you are looking for new newsletter product.
Installation :untar the file inside the “Products” directory, restart zope, and install the product on your plone site with QuickInstaller or apply extension profile.
Adding a newsletter subscription portletUse @@manage-portlets link and add Classic portlet. Enter portlet_gazette as portlet name portlet as macro name
The look of the HTML newsletter
You may change globally the way the newsletter are rendered by customizing the “newsletter_mua_formatter” template. Be very careful to follow the instructions in the comments of this template: “newsletter_mua_formatter” is not a Plone template like the others.
You may have your own HTML newsletter formatter. Copy “newsletter_mua_formatter” to “/yourplone/skins/custom/my_mua_formatter” or anywhere else in the skins path. You just need to modify your NewsletterCentral, setting the “Newsletter render template (TALES)” field to “nocall:here/my_mua_formatter”.
Add your own recipients list
Just write a script that returns a list of tuples in the form[(email, html, changeUrl), ...]
o “email” is a mail address
- o “html” is “HTML” to receive HTML newsletters and “Text” for plaintext
o “changeUrl” is an URL where the user may change his newsletter preferences
Example[('firstname.lastname@example.org', 'HTML', 'http://www.myplone.com/personalize_form'), ('email@example.com', 'Text', 'http://www.myplone.com/personalize_form'), ...]
Call that script “/yourplone/skins/custom/additionalSubscribers” or anywhere else in the skins path. Modify your NewsletterCentral setting the “Extra recipients (TALES)” field to “nocall:here/additionalSubscribers”.
In example, you could add newsletter settings in the member preferences of your Plone site and make a script that gathers all subscribers and related options.
IN ANY CASE, PLEASE TEST THIS SCRIPT IN A STANDALONE WAY BEFORE USING IT IN A NEWSLETTERCENTRAL. EXCEPTIONS OR INVALID FORMATS COULD SCREW ALL UP.
Please be sure your Subscribers folder is always private. Otherwise Anonymous will be able to see all your subscribers.
Subscriber objects itself uses one_state_workflow to be always accessible to anonymous (all users has to be able change own settings and we can’t distinguish between anoynmous users).
Instead of using the standard CMF/Plone permissions (“Add portal content”), PloneNewsletter comes with its own set of permisssions such you can tweak the roles that can add/manage newsletter related resources.
o PNL Add Newsletter Theme, PNL Change Newsletter Theme
o PNL Add Newsletter, PNL Change Newsletter
o PNL Add Subscriber, PNL Change Subscriber
More informations :
The NewsletterReference type allows to refer any portal_type of the site within the newsletter.
In the Newsletter the Referece has a title, a description, and an unordered list of the referenced objects (showing their title and descrtiption) In our usecase we need to build a newsletter with different reference objects. They need
- Descriptive text with richtext functionality (text is not taken from the referred content type)
- an optional image
- and of course the reference to a content object within the portal
The differences to the currently availablle NewsletterReference are
- richtext edit (to have more freedom of design within the newsletter)
- preview image (to provide icons for types that don’t have a preview image, and also to provide a different format that fits the layout of the newsletter)
If you have any questions about NewsletterRichReference contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> (fRiSi on #lovely)
PloneGazette was originally developed by PilotSystems: http://www.pilotsystems.net
3.1.0 - 2009-10-18
- Add the possibility to define a newsletter header similar to newsletter footer. And add a field for defining CSS style properties that go into the <body> element of the newsletter that’s sent out (but not into Plone’s view of the newsletter). [Ingo Van den Broeck, nouri]
- Update the role mappings of a Subscriber during creation. We got Unauthorized errors when trying to edit the subscriber anonymously. This was fixed by clicking the ‘Update security settings’ button on the portal_workflow tool. This code fixes it too. [maurits]
- Subscriber class now has a portal_type attribute. This fixes a bug with failing to create new subscribers while having a contentrule with a portal_type condition active. [Huub Bouma]
- Fixed bug where a faulty email address (without even a ‘@’) would result in a zope error instead of a template which renders the error. [reinout]
- listFolderContents and getFolderContents moved back to the subclasses. Plone 3 has another implementation of the folder listing. [naro]
3.0.0 - 2008-07-11
- fixed test newsletter if testing user were subscribed but not activated [naro]
- all emails are now encoded. In case of utf8 emails, these will be generated in base64 encoding. Subject is encoded too (if applicable). This may fix situations described in #37 and #40. [naro]
- Fixed listing of NewsletterRichReference. This fixes #36 [Guido A.J. Stevens, naro]
- added changeRelativeToAbsolute method which converts all relative links generated by Kupu to absolute links. [Ralph Jacobs, 4D]
- Moved listFolderContents and getFolderContents to PNLBase class. This fixes #34. [naro]
3.0.0-rc2 - 2008-03-22
- added missing i18n:domain to browser/configure.zcml [hannosch]
- fixed getUrl -> getURL [naro]
3.0.0-rc1 - 2008-02-17
- fixed attribute error when accessing NewsletterBTree folder contents (#30)
- fixed UnicodeError when activation subject or body contains non ascii characters
- PG is registered to all skins layers
- another subscribers catalog fix. Catalog is based on CMFCore. catalog tool instead of ZCatalog
3.0.0-beta2 - 2007-12-06
- fixed initialization of subscribers catalog. Thanks to Wouter Vanden Hove
3.0.0-beta1 - 2007-12-03
- see UPGRADE.txt for upgrade notes, see README.txt for general installation and usage notes.
- only major change against 2.5 version is creation of subscribers catalog inside NewsletterTheme objects. All Subscribers are stored in the subscribers_catalog to be easily and fast found and listed.
- Content types are still CMF based, code is not polished and optimized.
- removed Extensions/ dir, added basic GS profile with content types and skin layer
- use secureSend. Emails are generated as email.Message.Message instances and not strings
- make all forms and object manipulation working in Plone 3
- cutoff Plone 3.0 compatible version. Dropped Plone 2.1 and 2.5 compatibility. If you want to use PloneGazette on Plone 2.5, use 2.5 branch and versions in PloneGazette 2.5 line.
2.5.0-beta1 - 2007-11-25
- fixed HTML markup in subscriber edit form to support <label> in radio boxes
- fixed testSendToMe
- fixed toLocalizedTime definition (plone 2.5). Thanks to Andrew Kornilov for pointing to it. [naro]
2.5.0-alpha1 - 2007-11-24
- replaced toPortalTime with toLocalizedTime in Newsletter view. Fixes #11
- added getFolderContents method to the NewsletterTheme. This fixes #4 - Subscribers do not appear in folder listing or view
- do not use secureSend in combination with email.Message.Message. There is bug in SecureMailHost used in plone 2.5 which prevents this combination (#6504)
- trying to stay compatible with Plone 2.1 for the moment
- removed metadata and duplicate Contents tab from newslettertheme and newsletter [naro]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.PloneGazette-3.1.0.zip (203.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|