Various Plone hotfixes, 2013-06-18
Plone hotfix, 2013-06-18
This hotfix fixes multiple vulnerabilities in Plone, including arbitrary code execution and privilege escalation.
This hotfix should be applied to the following versions of Plone:
- Plone <= 4.3.1
- Plone <= 4.2.5
- Any older version of Plone including 2.1, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, and 4.1
The hotfix is officially supported by the Plone security team on the following versions of Plone in accordance with the Plone version support policy: 3.3.6, 4.1.6, 4.2.6, 4.3 and 4.3.1. However it has also received some testing on older versions of Plone. The fixes included here will be incorporated into subsequent releases of Plone, so Plone 4.2.6, 4.3.1 and greater should not require this hotfix.
Please note that there is a version 1.3 of the hotfix. Version 1.0 was discovered to cause problems on Plone 2.1 systems and with certain add ons in other versions of Plone. Version 1.1 also contained a few mintor issues. If you’re just getting around to installing the hotfix now or if you’re experiencing issues with version 1.0 or 1.1 of the hotfix, please install version 1.3.
Installation instructions can be found at http://plone.org/products/plone-hotfix/releases/20130618
- Q: How can I confirm that the hotfix is installed correctly and my site is protected?
A: On startup, the hotfix will log a number of messages to the Zope event log that look like this:
2013-06-18 21:15:26 INFO Products.PloneHotfix20130618 Applied typeswidget patch
The exact list of patches attempted depends on the version of Plone. If a patch is attempted but fails, it will be logged as a warning that says “Could not apply”. This may indicate that you have a non-standard Plone installation.
- Q: How can I report problems installing the patch?
- A: Contact the Plone security team at email@example.com, or visit the #plone channel on freenode IRC.
- Q: How can I report other potential security vulnerabilities?
- A: Please email the security team at firstname.lastname@example.org rather than discussing potential security issues publicly.
- fix possible iterate issue with older versions of plone
- fix in cb_decode patch
- Increase the maximum size allowed for link integrity request data.
- Fix publish patch to use correct get_module_info global. This avoids an exception encountered while using link integrity checking.
- Fix mail_password patch to avoid breaking when the user enters the wrong username. Also, pass through keyword arguments to the original function.
- fix spamProtect to only strip text if a string
- fix issue with getObject
- do not patch __bobo_traverse__ as it’s unnecessary
- Initial release