Integration testing framework for Plone.
PloneTestCase is a thin layer on top of the ZopeTestCase package. It has been developed to simplify testing of Plone-based applications and products.
The PloneTestCase package provides
The function installProduct to install a Zope product into the test environment.
The function installPackage to install a Python package registered via five:registerPackage into the test environment. Requires Zope 2.10.4 or higher.
The function setupPloneSite to create a Plone portal in the test db.
Note: setupPloneSite accepts an optional products argument, which allows you to specify a list of products that will be added to the portal using the quickinstaller tool. Since 0.8.2 you can also pass an extension_profiles argument to import GS extension profiles.
The class PloneTestCase of which to derive your test cases.
The class FunctionalTestCase of which to derive your test cases for functional unit testing.
The classes Sandboxed and Functional to mix-in with your own test cases.
The constants portal_name, portal_owner, default_policy, default_products, default_base_profile, default_extension_profiles, default_user, and default_password.
The constant PLONE21 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.1.
The constant PLONE25 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.5.
The constant PLONE30 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.0.
The constant PLONE31 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.1.
The constant PLONE32 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.2.
The constant PLONE33 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.3.
The constant PLONE40 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 4.0.
The constant PLONE50 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 5.0.
The module utils which contains all utility functions from the ZopeTestCase package.
from Products.PloneTestCase import PloneTestCase PloneTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') PloneTestCase.setupPloneSite(products=('SomeProduct',)) class TestSomething(PloneTestCase.PloneTestCase): def afterSetup(self): self.folder.invokeFactory('Document', 'doc') def testEditDocument(self): self.folder.doc.edit(text_format='plain', text='data') self.assertEqual(self.folder.doc.EditableBody(), 'data')
Example PloneTestCase setup with GenericSetup
from Products.PloneTestCase import PloneTestCase PloneTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') PloneTestCase.setupPloneSite(extension_profiles=('SomeProduct:default',))
Please see the docs of the ZopeTestCase package, especially those of the PortalTestCase class.
Look at the example tests in this directory to get an idea of how to use the PloneTestCase package. Also see the tests shipping with Plone.
Copy testSkeleton.py to start your own tests.
- Modernize some imports. [hannosch]
- Minor pep8 cleanup, changed has_key() synatax to ‘in’ syntax in a few areas [pbdiode]
- Install packages earlier so test setup for new collections works correctly in Plone 4.2. [davisagli]
- Fail explicitly (instead of obscurely) if there is no Plone. [stefan]
0.9.13 - 2011-01-03
- Depend on Products.CMFPlone instead of Plone. [elro]
- Relax the test for # of roles slightly for compatibility with Plone 4.1. [davisagli]
0.9.12 - 2010-09-20
- Fix the cleanup method called by safe_load_site to mark the component registry as uninitialized regardless of whether the flag is in Zope2.App.zcml or Products.Five.zcml. [davisagli]
0.9.11 - 2010-09-15
- Install plone.app.imaging monkeypatches during test setup. [davisagli]
- Add layer support coming from zope.testrunner and removed from zope.testing [jfroche]
0.9.10 - 2010-07-13
- Make compatible with Zope 2.13 and avoid setup problems with zope.schema vocabularies. [hannosch]
- Revert r100668 as the issue does not occur anymore. [stefan]
0.9.9 - 2009-11-14
- Folder created with _createObjectByType was being reported as having portal_type ‘ATFolder’ in portal_catalog. Reindexing it flips it to the correct ‘Folder’. [esteele]
- Reset memoize RAMCaches on tear down. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9425 [stefan]
- Install blob-enabled types from plone.app.blob during test setup. [witsch]
- Install the TinyMCE product during test runs. [hannosch]
- Add the sunburst theme to the default extension profiles for Plone 4. [davisagli]
- Specify dependencies in a backwards compatible way. [hannosch]
- Changed behavior of default_extension_profiles. We always add the default profiles now. You can still override this via passing in an explicit empty default_extension_profiles argument to the setupPloneSite function. [hannosch]
- Disentangle the product installation code for PLONE50 and before. The base amount of packages is quite different. [hannosch]
- Moved the Plone version determination code into its own module. [hannosch]
- Adjusted the PLONE40 constant to be PLONE50 and check for Plone trunk. [hannosch]
- In Plone trunk manually install the ATContentTypes default profile. [hannosch]
0.9.8 - 2009-04-16
- Protect against missing portal_quickinstaller tool. [hannosch]
- Fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals. [hannosch]
- Adjusted _createHomeFolder to create the ‘Members’ folder if it isn’t created by the site creation code. [hannosch]
- Adjusted PLONE40 check after the migrations have been moved out of the CMFPlone package. [hannosch]
- Added PLONE33 constant. [stefan]
0.9.8b4 - 2008-10-26
- Added PLONE32 constant. [stefan]
0.9.8b3 - 2008-10-16
- Bugfix: The default member-area was created before the portal was fully configured. [stefan]
- Bugfix: Reindex security of member-area after taking ownership. [stefan]
0.9.8b2 - 2008-10-09
- Egg was broken due to use of svn export. Who’d have thunk setuptools makes a difference? [stefan]
0.9.8b1 - 2008-10-05
- Install all Plone products quietly.
- Eggified Products.PloneTestCase.
- Added PLONE31 and PLONE40 constants.
- The PloneSite layer can now be set up more than once. Thanks to Andreas Zeidler and Balazs Ree.
- Deal with new skin setup in CMF 2.1 and up.
- Provide hasPackage and installPackage if ZopeTestCase supports it.
- Changed license to GPL, cleaning up my act.
- Use new stateless GenericSetup API in Plone 3.0 and up.
- Minor test fixes to cater for changes in PlonePAS and CMF.
- In 0.9.2 we accidentally lost the ability to override getPortal. Fixed.
- Spell ‘placefulSetup’ like ‘placefulSetUp’ for consistency with zope.app.testing.
- Improved support for the local component registry. We now register it right after it has been created in Plone >= 3.0, as it is needed during site setup. We also set the portal as a site whenever it is accessed to get CMF skin acquisition to work.
- Prepared for switching ZopeTestCase to Zope3 interfaces.
- Load etc/site.zcml lazily instead of using the wrapper.
- Import extension profiles one by one to gain better control.
- Added a PloneTestCase.addProfile() method that allows to import extension profiles into the site. This is an alternative to passing the ‘extension_profiles’ argument to setupPloneSite().
- Create Plone site lazily using layer.PloneSite.
- Renamed utils.py to five.py.
- Starting with Plone 3.0 the portal is a component registry as well. We perform the necessary registration automatically now.
- Made sure layer cleanup resets Five.zcml to “not initialized”.
- Allow to pass a base profile to the setupPloneSite function.
- Added PLONE30 constant.
- Made application of StringIO monkey patch conditional, as it is part of CMFPlone/patches starting with Plone 3.0
- Added a ZCMLLayer to support recent Zopes and zope.testing.testrunner. Thanks to Whit Morris.
- Added support for passing a list of GenericSetup extension profiles to the setupPloneSite function.
- Added support for Plone 2.5.