Integration testing framework for Plone.
PloneTestCase is a thin layer on top of the ZopeTestCase package. It has been developed to simplify testing of Plone-based applications and products.
The PloneTestCase package provides
The function installProduct to install a Zope product into the test environment.
The function installPackage to install a Python package registered via five:registerPackage into the test environment. Requires Zope 2.10.4 or higher.
The function setupPloneSite to create a Plone portal in the test db.
Note: setupPloneSite accepts an optional products argument, which allows you to specify a list of products that will be added to the portal using the quickinstaller tool. Since 0.8.2 you can also pass an extension_profiles argument to import GS extension profiles.
The class PloneTestCase of which to derive your test cases.
The class FunctionalTestCase of which to derive your test cases for functional unit testing.
The classes Sandboxed and Functional to mix-in with your own test cases.
The constants portal_name, portal_owner, default_policy, default_products, default_base_profile, default_extension_profiles, default_user, and default_password.
The constant PLONE21 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.1.
The constant PLONE25 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 2.5.
The constant PLONE30 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.0.
The constant PLONE31 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 3.1.
The constant PLONE40 which evaluates to true for Plone versions >= 4.0.
The module utils which contains all utility functions from the ZopeTestCase package.
from Products.PloneTestCase import PloneTestCase PloneTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') PloneTestCase.setupPloneSite(products=('SomeProduct',)) class TestSomething(PloneTestCase.PloneTestCase): def afterSetup(self): self.folder.invokeFactory('Document', 'doc') def testEditDocument(self): self.folder.doc.edit(text_format='plain', text='data') self.assertEqual(self.folder.doc.EditableBody(), 'data')
Example PloneTestCase setup with GenericSetup
from Products.PloneTestCase import PloneTestCase PloneTestCase.installProduct('SomeProduct') PloneTestCase.setupPloneSite(extension_profiles=('SomeProduct:default',))
Please see the docs of the ZopeTestCase package, especially those of the PortalTestCase class.
Look at the example tests in this directory to get an idea of how to use the PloneTestCase package. Also see the tests shipping with Plone.
Copy testSkeleton.py to start your own tests.
0.9.8b3 - 2008-10-16
- Bugfix: The default member-area was created before the portal was fully configured. [stefan]
- Bugfix: Reindex security of member-area after taking ownership. [stefan]
0.9.8b2 - 2008-10-09
- Egg was broken due to use of svn export. Who’d have thunk setuptools makes a difference? [stefan]
0.9.8b1 - 2008-10-05
- Install all Plone products quietly.
- Eggified Products.PloneTestCase.
- Added PLONE31 and PLONE40 constants.
- The PloneSite layer can now be set up more than once. Thanks to Andreas Zeidler and Balazs Ree.
- Deal with new skin setup in CMF 2.1 and up.
- Provide hasPackage and installPackage if ZopeTestCase supports it.
- Changed license to GPL, cleaning up my act.
- Use new stateless GenericSetup API in Plone 3.0 and up.
- Minor test fixes to cater for changes in PlonePAS and CMF.
- In 0.9.2 we accidentally lost the ability to override getPortal. Fixed.
- Spell ‘placefulSetup’ like ‘placefulSetUp’ for consistency with zope.app.testing.
- Improved support for the local component registry. We now register it right after it has been created in Plone >= 3.0, as it is needed during site setup. We also set the portal as a site whenever it is accessed to get CMF skin acquisition to work.
- Prepared for switching ZopeTestCase to Zope3 interfaces.
- Load etc/site.zcml lazily instead of using the wrapper.
- Import extension profiles one by one to gain better control.
- Added a PloneTestCase.addProfile() method that allows to import extension profiles into the site. This is an alternative to passing the ‘extension_profiles’ argument to setupPloneSite().
- Create Plone site lazily using layer.PloneSite.
- Renamed utils.py to five.py.
- Starting with Plone 3.0 the portal is a component registry as well. We perform the necessary registration automatically now.
- Made sure layer cleanup resets Five.zcml to “not initialized”.
- Allow to pass a base profile to the setupPloneSite function.
- Added PLONE30 constant.
- Made application of StringIO monkey patch conditional, as it is part of CMFPlone/patches starting with Plone 3.0
- Added a ZCMLLayer to support recent Zopes and zope.testing.testrunner. Thanks to Whit Morris.
- Added support for passing a list of GenericSetup extension profiles to the setupPloneSite function.
- Added support for Plone 2.5.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.PloneTestCase-0.9.8b3.tar.gz (14.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.PloneTestCase-0.9.8b3.tar.gz