A configurable Plone product for sending e-mails when new messages are added to Ploneboard forums
Table of contents
Add some configuration to your Plone site for sending e-mail notifications when new discussions or replies are added to Ploneboard forums.
This product can be useful in a Plone site where you have a lot of forums or forums are one of the main content.
After installation, go the “Plone Configuration” panel and access the new “Ploneboard notification system” section.
When configured, general setting are applied to all forums inside every message board (this is also applied to forums outside any message board, a configuration you can manually obtain from Ploneboard).
Follow a list of available options
- Send to all?
- If you check this, a mail will be sent to every user of the site.
A list of recipients. Recipients can be site members, groups (so an e-mail will be sent to users inside those groups) or e-mail address.
For every entry in this list, you can add a |bcc suffix to send messages using BCC to one or more user/group/address.
From the form above you can quick access any other forum inside the site, from the “Local configuration for forums” section.
From there you can apply the same configurations above to a single forum.
The general rule is: “General settings” are applied to any forum, excluded forums where you add a local configuration.
- Provide a way to manipulate the notification message format
- No more ZMI needs or |bcc suffix: switch to Plone registry
- Make the sender configurable globally, for single forum, etc
- Notification messages to local roles (see #1)
- Current version support global configuration and forum specific ones; the long-term plan wanna reach also forum area configurations
- A complete, clean uninstall procedure that remove all unwanted stuff
- Plone 4.2 (Ploneboard 3.3)
- Plone 4.3 (Ploneboard 3.4)
Other older Plone 4 should works also.
Dropped support for Plone 3 and below
- Added russian translation (thanks to Alison Taylder) [keul]
- Fixed notify event when an anonymous leave a comment. Now the author is set to “Anonymous” [cekk]
- fix import on recent zope [kiorky]
- fixed templates for Plone 4 compatibility [keul]
- fixed test for running on Plone 4.2 [keul]
- moved translation to locales directory [keul]
- Don’t try to send notification if PloneboardNotify isn’t installed in the Plone site (close #2) [keul]
- Forums outside a message board are now supported by the configuration UI [keul]
- Message boards and forums are now sorted [keul]
- Added french translation (thanks to Nicolas Laurance) [keul]
- Egg format cleaned up [keul]
- Ploneboard is now a dependency [keul]
- Merged Nicolas changes to send HTML email [keul]
- Fixed internal link in emails sent in the HTML part [keul]
- Added to messages the user info [keul]
- Added functional tests [keul]
- Message Boards and forums inside were not correctly shown in settings [keul]
- Getting e-mail from site users was not working on Plone 2.5 [keul]
- Added local configuration for the Forum content [keul]
- The forum title added in the mail was not the real forum title [keul]
- Added some other infos to the sent mail [keul]
- Mail using BCC now supported [keul]
- Added i18n support and italian complete translation [keul]
- Fixed critical problem with email encodings [keul]
- Added a local setting for changing text encoding in email sent [keul]
- A lot of UI enhancement [keul]
- Added the debug mode to print mail contents but not send anything [keul]
- Initial release