Pluggable Zope2 authentication / authorization framework
This product defines a fully-pluggable user folder, intended for use in all Zope2 sites.
The normal way it install this package is via setuptools, either via easy_install into a virtual environment:
$ cd /path/to/virtualenv $ bin/easy_install Products.PluggableAuthService
or by including the package in the configuration for a zc.buildout-based deployment:
$ cd /path/to/buildout $ grep "eggs =" buildout.cfg ... eggs = Products.PluggableAuthService ...
The product can also be installed as a depencency of another distribution.
If you want to install this package manually, without using setuptools, simply untar the package file downloaded from the PyPI site and look for the folder named “PluggableAuthService” underneath the “Products” folder at the root of the extracted tarball. Copy or link this “PluggableAuthService” folder into your Zope “Products” folder and restart Zope.
Please see the files under doc/ in the packaged software for more information, and consult the interfaces files under interfaces/ in the software package for PluggableAuthService and plugin APIs.
- Add new event to be able to notify group deletion.
- Fix usage of os.path.split(). Could result in Errors during import on Windows.
- Allow specifying a policy for transforming / normalizing login names
for all plugins in a PAS:
- Added login_transform string property to PAS.
- Added applyTransform method to PAS, which looks for a method on PAS with the name specified in the login_transform property.
- Added two possible transforms to PAS: lower and upper.
- Changed the methods of PAS to call applyTransform wherever needed.
- Added the existing updateUser method of ZODBUserManager to the IUserEnumerationPlugin interface.
- Added a new updateEveryLoginName method to ZODBUserManager and the IUserEnumerationPlugin interface.
- Added three methods to PAS and IPluggableAuthService: updateLoginName, updateOwnLoginName, updateAllLoginNames. These methods call updateUser or updateEveryLoginName on every IUserEnumerationPlugin. Since these are later additions to the plugin interface, we log a warning when a plugin does not have these methods (for example the mutable_properties plugin of PlonePAS) but will not fail. When no plugin is able to update a user, this will raise an exception: we do not want to quietly let this pass when for example a login name is already taken by another user.
- Changing the login_transform property in the ZMI will call PAS.updateAllLoginNames, unless login_transform is the same or has become an empty string.
- The new login_transform property is empty by default. In that case, the behavior of PAS is the same as previously. The various applyTransform calls will have a (presumably very small) performance impact.
- Launchpad #1079204: Added CSRF protection for the ZODBUserManager, ZODBGroupManager, ZODBRoleManger, and DynamicGroupsPlugin plugins.
- Launchpad #649596: add a protocol for plugins which check whether a non-top-level PAS instance is “competent” to authenticate a given request; if not, the instance defers to higher-level instances. Thanks to Dieter Maurer for the patch.
- Added export / import support for the ChallengeProtocolChooser plugin’s label - protocols mapping.
- In authenticateCredentials do NOT fall back to using the login as userid when there is no match, as that gives a high chance of seeming to log in successfully, but in reality failing. [maurits]
- Explicitly encode/decode data for GS
- Launchpad #795086: fixed creation of PropertiesUpdated event.
- Launchpad #789858: don’t allow conflicting login name in ‘updateUser’.
- Set appropriate cache headers on CookieAuthHelper login redirects to prevent caching by proxy servers.
- Added forward compatibility with DateTime 3.
- In the ZODBRoleManager made it clearer that adding a removing a role does not have much effect if you do not do the same in the root of the site (at the bottom of the Security tab at manage_access). Fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/672694
- Return the created user in _doAddUser, to match change in AccessControl 2.13.4.
- Fixed possible binascii.Error in extractCredentials of CookieAuthHelper. This is a corner case that might happen after a browser upgrade.
- Allow for a query string in CookieAuthHelper’s login_path.
- Trap “swallowable” exceptions from IRoles plugins. Thanks to Willi Langenburger for the patch. Fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/615474 .
- Fixed possible TypeError in extractCredentials of CookieAuthHelper when the __ac cookie is not ours (but e.g. from plone.session, though even then only in a corner case).
- Fixed chameleon incompatibilities
- Made ZODBRoleManager.assignRoleToPrincipal raise and log a more informative error when detecting a duplicate principal. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/348795
- Updated DynamicGroupsPlugin.enumerateGroups to return an empty sequence for an unknown group ID, rather than raising KeyError. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/585365
- Updated all code to raise new-style exceptions.
- Removed dependency on zope.app.testing.
- Cleaned out a number of old imports, because we now require Zope >= 2.12.
- Updated setDefaultRoles to use the addPermission API if available.
- Allow CookieAuthHelper’s login_path to be set to an absolute url for integration with external authentication mechanisms.
- Fixed xml templates directory path computation to allow reuse of SimpleXMLExportImport class outside Products.PluggableAuthService.
- Modify ZODBGroupManager to update group title and description independently.
- This release requires for Zope2 >= 2.12.
- Simplified buildout to just what is needed to run tests.
- Don’t fail on users defined in multiple user sources on the ZODBGroupManager listing page.
- Fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals under Zope 2.12.
- Fixed deprecation warnings for the md5 and sha modules under Python >= 2.6.
- Launchpad #420319: Fix misconfigured startswith match type filter in Products.PluggableAuthService.plugins.DomainAuthHelper.
- Fixed test setup for tests using page templates relying on the DefaultTraversable adapter.
- Fixed broken markup in templates.
- Launchpad #273680: Avoid expensive / incorrect dive into enumerateUsers when trying to validate w/o either a real ID or login.
- Launchpad #300321: Products.PluggableAuthService.pluginsZODBGroupManager.enumerateGroups failed to find groups with unicode IDs.
- Fixed another deprecation for manage_afterAdd occurring when used together with Five (this time for the ZODBRoleManager class).
- Ensure the _findUser cache is invalidated if the roles or groups for a principal change.
- Launchpad #15569586: docstring fix.
- Factored out filter logic into separate classes; added filters for startswith test and (if the IPy module is present) IP-range tests. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/173580 .
- Zope 2.12 compatibility - removed Interface.Implements import if zope.interface available.
- Ensure ZODBRoleManagerExportImport doesn’t fail if it tries to add a role that already exists (idempotence is desirable in GS importers)
- Fixed tests so they run with Zope 2.11.
- Split up large permission tests into individual tests.
- Fixed deprecation warning occurring when used together with Five. (manage_afterAdd got undeprecated.)
- Added buildout.
- ZODBUserManager plugin: allow unicode arguments to enumerateUsers. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/189627)
- plugins/ZODBRoleManager: added logging in case searchPrincipial() returning more than one result (which might happen in case of having duplicate id within difference user sources)
- DomainAuthHelper plugin: fix glitch for plugins which have never configured any “default” policy: authenticateCredentials and getRolesForPrincipal would raise ValueError. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/59)
- PluggableAuthService._verifyUser: changed to use exact_match to the enumerator, otherwise a user with login foobar might get returned by _verifyUser for a query for login='foo' because the enumerator happened to return ‘foobar’ first in the results.
- Add a test for manage_zmi_logout and replace a call to isImplementedBy with providedBy. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/58)
- Add support for property plugins returning an IPropertySheet to PropertiedUser. Added addPropertysheet to the IPropertiedUser.
- Added a method to the IRoleAssignerPlugin to remove roles from a principal, and an implementation for it on the ZODBRoleManager. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/57)
- Added events infrastructure. Enabled new IPrincipalCreatedEvent and ICredentialsUpdatedEvent events.
- Added support for registering plugin types via ZCML.
- Implemented authentication caching in _extractUserIds.
- Ported standard user folder tests from the AccessControl test suite.
- Passwords with “:” characters would break authentication (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/51)
- Corrected documented software dependencies
- Converted to publishable security sensitive methods to only accept POST requests to prevent XSS attacks. See http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/Hotfix-2007-03-20/announcement and http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6310
- Fixed issue in the user search filter where unrecognized keyword arguments were ignored resulting in duplicate search entries. (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6300)
- Made sure the Extensions.upgrade script does not commit full transactions but only sets (optimistic) savepoints. Removed bogus Zope 2.7 compatibility in the process. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/55)
- Made the CookieAuthHelper only use the __ac_name field if __ac_password is also present. This fixes a login problem for CMF sites where the login name was remembered between sessions with an __ac_name cookie.
- Made the DomainAuthHelper return the remote address, even it the remote host is not available (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS/49).
- Fixed bug in DelegatingMultiPlugin which attempted to validate the supplied password directly against the user password - updated to use AuthEncoding.pw_validate to handle encoding issues
- Fixed serious security hole in DelegatingMultiPlugin which allowed Authentication if the EmergencyUser login was passed in. Added password validation utilizing AuthEncoding.pw_validate
- Fixed a set of tests that tested values computed from dictionaries and could break since dictionaries are not guaranteed to have any sort order.
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope 2.10+.
- BasePlugin: The listInterfaces method only considered the old-style __implements__ machinery when determining interfaces provided by a plugin instance.
- ZODBUserManager: Already encrypted passwords were encrypted again in addUser and updateUserPassword. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1926)
- Made sure the emergency user via HTTP basic auth always wins, no matter how borken the plugin landscape.
- Cleaned up code in CookieAuthHelper which allowed the form to override login/password if a cookie had already been set.
- Removed some BBB code for Zope versions < 2.8, which is not needed since we require Zope > 2.8.5 nowadays.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|Products.PluggableAuthService-1.11.0.tar.gz (156.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Mar 1, 2016|