Configure application plugins based on interfaces
Products.PluginRegistry offers a simple persistent registry which allows the site manager to registe components for specific interfaces, and to order them.
The normal way it install this package is via setuptools, either via easy_install into a virtual environment:
$ cd /path/to/virtualenv $ bin/easy_install Products.PluginRegistry
or by including the package in the configuration for a zc.buildout-based deployment:
$ cd /path/to/buildout $ grep "eggs =" buildout.cfg ... eggs = Products.PluginRegistry ...
The product can also be installed as a depencency of another distribution.
To install this package manually, without using setuptools, untar the package file downloaded from the PyPI site and look for the folder named “PluginRegistry” underneath the “Products” folder at the root of the extracted tarball. Copy or link this “PluginRegistry” folder into your Zope “Products” folder and restart Zope.
- Added Python 3.5 and 3.6 compatibility.
- Require Zope 4.0b4 as minimum supported Zope version.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Require Zope 4.0a3 as minimum supported Zope version.
- Fix usage of os.path.split(). Could result in Errors during import on Windows.
- Change default encoding for importexport from None to utf-8.
- Improved test coverage.
- Removed dependency on zope.app.testing.
- Dropped support for use with Zope < 2.12.
- Added a buildout for running tests.
- Moved documentation out of the product directory.
- Fixed plugin management links on the Active screen.
- Fixed deprecation warnings for use of Globals.
- Purged old Zope2 interfaces for Zope 2.12 compatibility.
- Updated GenericSetup import to initialize plugin registry’s _plugins attribute if necessary.
- Fixed bad behaviour when moving the top plugin up. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/164717
- Updated PluginRegistry.listPlugins to drop previously-activated plugins when they no longer implement the plugin interface. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/161281
- Updated exportimport to skip adding duplicate interfaces during non-purge imports. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-pas/+bug/161280
- Fixed test breakage on Zope 2.10.
- Added workaround for autogen factories which assume they can pass an ID to the registry’s __init__. In particular, this allows the registry to be created and popluated as a “normal” content object using GenericSetup.
- Improved BBB for testing under Zope 2.8.
- Moved interfaces into a top-level module (no need for a package), and made them forward-compatible with Z3 interfaces.
- Wired in DAV / FTP / ExternalEditor support for the registry, along with a ZMI form for updating it as XML.
- Added support for exporting / importing the registry via GenericSetup.
- Moved from CVS to subversion (2005-10-14).
- Removed deprecation warings under Zope 2.8.x.
- Repaired warings appearing in Zope 2.8.5 due to a couple typos in security declarations.
- Simplified package directory computation using package_home.
- Added test_suite to registry tests to improve testability under zopectl test.
- Initial public release.
- Vendor import from ZC repository.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for Products.PluginRegistry-1.6.tar.gz
Hashes for Products.PluginRegistry-1.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl