A monkey patch to send MailHost messages to standard out
This is a hack. :)
This product, when installed, will check if Zope is running in debug mode, and if so, monkey patch (that is, grab the internals of, squeeze tight, then rip hard, just like monkeys do) Zope’s MailHost class, meaning that any and all uses of a MailHost will be “fixed” so that instead of sending mail, it prints messages to the standard output.
This is useful if you don’t have a local mailhost for testing, or if you prefer not to spam the crap out of yourself whilst finding out if your bulk mail script is working.
If Zope is not running in debug mode, it will not install itself. However, I wouldn’t recommend putting it on a production site. You never know what those monkeys may get up to…
You can optionally enable the PrintingMailHost with an environment variable as of version 0.3. See the installation instructions for more information about how to use it.
- Dorneles Tremea <deo (AT) plonesolutions (DOT) com>
- Fixed to work both with old-style and new-style classes. Extended to also patch SecureMailBase from SecureMailHost, if available.
Clayton Parker <clayton (AT) sixfeetup (DOT) com>
To install Products.PrintingMailHost into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
- When you’re reading this you have probably already run easy_install Products.PrintingMailHost. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add Products.PrintingMailHost to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... Products.PrintingMailHost
If you want to enable PrintingMailHost when debug-mode is off:
[instance] ... environment-vars = ... ENABLE_PRINTING_MAILHOST True
If you want to disable PrintingMailHost when debug-mode is on:
[instance] ... environment-vars = ... ENABLE_PRINTING_MAILHOST False
Re-run buildout in order to make any of the above changes active:
- Decode base64 encoded email messages [claytron]
- Added environment variable (ENABLE_PRINTING_MAILHOST) to enable or disable PrintingMailHost [claytron]
- Update README and HISTORY.txt [claytron]
- Release as an egg to PyPi [claytron]
- Updated to use the new standard log mechanism: logging.getLogger. Reformated messages/docstrings. [dtremea] (2006-03-17)
- Extended to also patch SecureMailBase from SecureMailHost, if available. [dtremea] (2005-10-23)
- Fixed to work both with old-style and new-style classes, as in the later, dict is a ‘dictproxy’ instance, which doesn’t have the setitem method. Bumpped version. Noted changes. And clean up whitespaces, of course… ;-) [dtremea] (2005-10-23)
- Initial creation/release [optilude] (2005-04-05)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.PrintingMailHost-0.3.tar.gz (9.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.PrintingMailHost-0.3.tar.gz