Zope session management.
Zope server side session management.
This package contains Products.Sessions and Products.Transience.
Before release 5.2 of the tempstorage package sessioning configurations using the simple temporary folder implementation shown below were discouraged because the temporary storage backend could lose data. This is no longer the case.
Using sessions with Zope
For simple RAM memory-based sessioning support, suitable for smaller deployments with a single Zope application server instance, add or uncomment the following temporary storage database definition in your Zope configuration file:
<zodb_db temporary> <temporarystorage> name Temporary database (for sessions) </temporarystorage> mount-point /temp_folder container-class Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryContainer </zodb_db>
After a Zope restart, visit the Zope Management Interface and select ZODB Mount Point from the list of addable items to instantiate the temporary folder mount point. This only needs to be done once. After that point the temp_folder object will be recreated on each Zope restart and the session support will automatically put a session data container into the temporary folder.
For more advanced scenarios see the Zope book chapter on Session management.
- Fix PY2 bug in BrowserIdManager.getNewBrowserId (#45)
- Improve out-of-the-box experience by instantiating a session data container if the session data manager uses the default configuration that points to a temporary folder
- Reinstate simple sessioning with Products.TemporaryFolder (#43)
- Reduce usage of deprecated tempstorage for testing and remove warnings (#41)
- Add support for Python 3.9
- Don’t break completely when no session data container is available (#35)
- Make the product compatible with transaction version 3 (#32)
- Banish dependency on Products.TemporaryFolder into a tests extra and point out its issues under Zope 4 in the README. (#26)
- Switch tests dependencies to Zope 4.x branch to retain Python 2 compatibility
- Fix access permissions for meta_type and zmi_icon properties so they don’t raise when accessed in the admin interface. (#24)
- Fix Python 3 compatibility of _p_resolveConflict. (#25)
- add badges to the README
- add additional links on PyPI
- improve flake8 compliance
- Implement __contains__ on TransientObject (#21)
- Fix session data manager edit form
- Fix NameError in Products/Transience/Transience.py introduced in version 4.3.
- Fix HTML of manageDataManager.dtml. (#22)
- Specify supported Python versions using python_requires in setup.py (Zope#481)
- Add support for Python 3.8
- Update the forms to Bootstrap ZMI. (#8)
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Quote variables in Products.Transience manage_container to avoid XSS. From Products.PloneHotfix20160830.
- Bring back Application initialization (creation of BrowserIdManager and SessionDataManager in the ZODB on first startup). This requires Zope >= 4.0b5.
- Released as separate distribution including the code. This release requires Zope >= 4.0.
- Create a separate distribution called Products.Sessions without any code inside it. This allows projects to depend on this project inside the Zope 2.13 release line.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.Sessions-4.12-py2.py3-none-any.whl (72.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.Sessions-4.12.tar.gz (56.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.Sessions-4.12-py2.py3-none-any.whl