Zope session management.
Zope server side session management.
This package contains Products.Sessions and Products.Transience.
Using sessions under Zope 4
The default session support under Zope 2 relied on Products.TemporaryFolder for storing session data, which in turn used the tempstorage package. tempstorage is no longer recommended because it has unfixed and possibly unfixable issues under Zope 4 that lead to corrupted temporary storages.
If you use sessions sparingly and don’t write to them often, a quick workaround is to remove the existing /temp_folder instance in the ZODB if it still is a Temporary Folder and create a normal Folder object named temp_folder in its stead. Inside that new /temp_folder, create a Transient Object Container with the ID session_data. Now session data will be stored in the main ZODB.
Using sessions under Zope 2
If you use the standard Zope session implementation, don’t forget to add or uncomment the temporary storage database definition in your Zope configuration:
<zodb_db temporary> <temporarystorage> name Temporary database (for sessions) </temporarystorage> mount-point /temp_folder container-class Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryContainer </zodb_db>
- Banish dependency on Products.TemporaryFolder into a tests extra and point out its issues under Zope 4 in the README. (#26)
- Switch tests dependencies to Zope 4.x branch to retain Python 2 compatibility
- Fix access permissions for meta_type and zmi_icon properties so they don’t raise when accessed in the admin interface. (#24)
- Fix Python 3 compatibility of _p_resolveConflict. (#25)
- add badges to the README
- add additional links on PyPI
- improve flake8 compliance
- Implement __contains__ on TransientObject (#21)
- Fix session data manager edit form
- Fix NameError in Products/Transience/Transience.py introduced in version 4.3.
- Fix HTML of manageDataManager.dtml. (#22)
- Specify supported Python versions using python_requires in setup.py (Zope#481)
- Add support for Python 3.8
- Update the forms to Bootstrap ZMI. (#8)
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Quote variables in Products.Transience manage_container to avoid XSS. From Products.PloneHotfix20160830.
- Bring back Application initialization (creation of BrowserIdManager and SessionDataManager in the ZODB on first startup). This requires Zope >= 4.0b5.
- Released as separate distribution including the code. This release requires Zope >= 4.0.
- Create a separate distribution called Products.Sessions without any code inside it. This allows projects to depend on this project inside the Zope 2.13 release line.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.Sessions-4.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (70.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.Sessions-4.6.tar.gz (53.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.Sessions-4.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl