Silva Content Management System
Silva is a Zope-based web application designed for the creation and management of structured, textual content. Silva allows users to enter new documents as well as edit existing documents using a web interface.
Silva stores the content in a structured format, and keeps a strict separation between the way the content is used and the way it is presented. This leads to several important advantages:
- The same content can be used in different media, such as the web, paper, or word processor content. Web publication of content is native to Silva as it is based on Zope, but Silva also has export filters to various formats.
- The content is future proofed and not out of date as soon as you want to use a new system or present it in a different way.
- The structuring of the content facilitates more sophisticated searching and indexing.
Silva supports (but does not require) a separation between authors who can create new content and editors who can approve whether content actually gets published. It also allows delegation of editing or authoring responsibilities of a section of the publication to others. Thus, users can be empowered (avoiding a single-person bottleneck), without the loss of editorial control.
To assist in the publication process, Silva implements workflow where multiple versions of the same document are kept around at the same time. One version of a particular document may be published while another version can be edited at the same time.
Silva is extensible with new document types and other types of content objects, others skins …
For more information please consult the site: http://silvacms.org
You can find the code of this extension in Git: https://github.com/silvacms/Products.Silva
Silva 3.0.4 (2013/12/23)
- Add a site-level quota feature. On the welcome form you get at the Zope root, you can configure a site-level quota for a given site. This quota cannot be changed from within the site.
- Various services are now configurable in SMI under Site preferences.
- Silva Ghost Asset have been added. They are ghost content for assets. When ghosting a Folder, Silva Ghost Asset will be created for each corresponding asset, instead of copying them over. The ghost code have been reviewed a cleaned a bit.
Silva 3.0.3 (2013/10/09)
- Fix various bugs:
- Regarding broken links and broken ghost.
- Allow empty string as resize specifier for images.
- Refactor icon support to support different icons for different file mimetypes.
- Refactor and optimize how the last modification date and last author is set. It is now set on contents at the end of the request, just before the content is being re-index. This feature is disabled during upgrade (the last modification date and author are not set on content during upgrades).
Silva 3.0.2 (2013/05/24)
- Fix various bugs:
- You can no longer create a folder called index,
- You can synchronise a copy of an outdated ghost folder,
- Keep expiration date of a version if you make a new copy of it and the date is in the future.
- Add support for customizing HTTP headers on most of the default Silva contents.
- Rename metadata sets.
- Add a method to repair the order of the ordered container.
- Improve tests.
Silva 3.0.1 (2013/03/06)
- Update Silva XML import and export feature to a new API that tolerate and report problems during the import. Performances of the export and import have been improved in order to consume less memory, to allow larger exports and imports.
- Fix various bugs when an Image doesn’t have any payload (meaning the image is missing).
- Add a name chooser for Zope contents, that is used by the Silva Root add form.
- Support symbolic links for extensions (meaning the path Zope see is a symbolic link to a real extension).
- Silva Containers (Folder, Publications…) now provides a fulltext method.
Silva 3.0 (2012/12/12)
- Fix various issues (email notifications, indexer, image preview).
- Add a pluggable API to choose and validation content identifiers.
- Add contextual help.
- Update user documentation.
- Improve tests.
Silva 3.0c1 (2012/09/25)
- Split apart some more code in other packages. Reformat some API to follow pep8.
- Use grokcore.chameleon.
- Usuability fixes.
- Add support for a VersionedObject (and VersionedNonPublishable).
- Improve test coverage.
- Fix various bugs from the beta.
Silva 3.0b1 (2011/11/11)
- Base the SMI on top of silva.ui. Most of screens are implemented in silva.core.smi and no longer here.
- Major cleanup of the APIs, all methods used by the old SMI have been removed. When need, adapters provides the functionality now.
- Silva root creation process have been reviewed, as a suite of events. This makes possible to have extension that plugs actions at that moment. There is no longer a large install method.
- Built-in Kupu support have been removed.
- XSLT support have been removed, and the renderer registry.
- SilvaViews, FileSystemSite are no longer used and supported.
- Old unused fake adapters have been removed.
- view and preview methods on SilvaObject have been removed. It is now the job of the layout system to render them.
- Update code for Zope 2.13 and Python 2.7.