Show web-pages inside an iframe. Plone content-type.
Table of Contents
Many people would like to have external web pages inside your Plone site. windowZ was born to do it, in an elegant way.
windowZ provides a new content type, named Window, that is similar to the content type Link. It shows the provided relative or absolute URL inside an iFrame rendered as a Plone page.
However we can configure windowZ to do some usefull things to us, like:
- Displays inside Plone any outside-to-Plone web page available on the web.
- Catalogs the content from the provided web pages. Users may choose which pages to catalog.
- Gives users the ability to hide left, right or both columns of the Plone site.
- Each page may be individually resized.
- Users may opt display the content metadata or show only the web page without any meta-information in the Plone.
windowZ was the CMFDisplayPage product available only in the Plone collective repository without any release. But it was too hard to mantain and evolute it because its code was pure CMF-aware.
So it was rewrited from scratch using ArchGenXML to generate the code. Just in a few hours of work. Now we can finally make a release! ArchGenXML rocks!
It’s pronunciation may be: windows, windoze, window(Z) of Zope… You are free to choose the way… ;-)
Please, help us to improve and translate windowZ!
- Uncompress or symlink windowZ into the Products directory of your Zope instance and restart Zope.
- Use the ‘Add/Remove Products’ (QuickInstaller Tool) to install windowZ.
- You should configure windowZ in the Plone control panel (Site Setup).
- You can create Window contents in all folders of your Plone site.
- You can restrict Window creation through the permission:
- windowZ: Add Window
- You can wrap sites by using http://your_plone_site/show_window?url=http://google.com
- Plone 3.0+ (Early versions of Plone are not supported by windowZ, but you can use CMFDisplayPage insted)
- Fixed AttributeError: portal_windowZ in show_window template, even though this template seems unused. Note that in version 1.3b3 the id portal_windowZ` was renamed to ``portal_windowz`, with a lowercase ``z. If you get this AttributeError when viewing windowz (also with other templates than show_window) then you have probably upgraded from an old version and the tool on your website still has the old portal_windowZ id. In that case you should deactivate the windowZ product in the Add-ons control panel and activate it again. [maurits]
- Fixed views with special column handling [tom_gross]
- enhanced error catching in SearchableText-method [tom_gross]
- prevent redirection to external link in navtree [petschki]
- remove workaround for Plone 2.5 which breaks with c.flowplayer in Plone 4.2b1 [tom_gross]
- moved code to github.com. [tom_gross, malthe]
- minor cleanup, object_title was being used inconsistently [auspex]
- make it work in Plone 4 [ yurj, jensens]
- moved z2-Interface to z3-interface
- fixed window_view to work with Plone 4.0
- added inherit_protocol flag, which allows to inherit the protocol schema
- use ‘_’ to mark messagestrings in code
- use GenericSetup-profile for installing product
- factored out stripogram. it is an egg dependency now.
- The WindowZTool is no content any longer
- Added form-enabled configlet
- changed compatibility to Plone 3 and 4
- added German translations.
- Eggified product
- Added Danish translations. [jacobv]
- Added show_window template to show external sites inside portal just providing the site URL as a value for the url variable. [ferri]
- Added tests from default ArchGenXML support. [ferri]
- Moved document_byline macro at view template. [ferri]
- Plone 3.0 compatibility. [ferri]
- Regenerated with the last ArchGenXML from 1.5 branch. [ferri]
- Added French translations. [landure]
- Included stripogram as an embeded library in windowZ. Now it’s not a dependencie anymore. [ferri]
- Provided migration script to migrate objects and configurations from CMFDisplayPage to windowZ. [ferri]
- Updated all translations. [ferri]
- Added proxy support for content catalogation when Zope instances are running behind a proxy server. [ferri]
- Added Italian translations. [befree]
- Removing workflow for portal_windowZ tool. [ferri]
- Fixed bug in Install.py when trying to remove portal_windowZ from idsNotToList property. [ferri]
- Removing portal_windowZ tool from portal search with the types_not_searched property. [ferri]
- Added AppInstall.py which add Window to default_page_types property. It enables users to select a Window as the default page of a folder. [ferri]
- Implemented feature directly in ArchGenXML to automatically uncatalog portal_windowZ tool. [ferri]
- Generalized path for generation scripts and i18ndude. [ferri]
- Added the link address inside iFrame because some browsers doesn’t have iFrame support. [ferri]
- Criated migration function to reindex all window objects to remove from catalog the getRemoteUrl method. [ferri]
- Invaliding method getRemoteUrl to fix a Plone 2.1.3 and 2.5 introduced bug. [ferri]
- Added Spanish translations. [thegoldenaura]
- Added Portuguese translations. [thegoldenaura]
- First public release. [ferri]