Pylons Web Framework
The Pylons web framework is aimed at making webapps and large programmatic website development in Python easy. Several key points:
- A framework to make writing web applications in Python easy
- Utilizes a minimalist, component-based philosophy that makes it easy to expand on
- Harness existing knowledge about Python
Knowing Python makes Pylons easy
Pylons makes it easy to expand on your knowledge of Python to master Pylons for web development. Using a MVC style dispath, Python knowledge is used at various levels:
- The Controller is just a basic Python class, called for each request. Customizing the response is as easy as overriding __call__ to make your webapp work how you want.
- Mako templating compiles directly to Python byte-code for speed and utilizes Python for template control rather than creating its own template syntax for “for, while, etc”
Pylons 1.0 described on this page is stable.
There is also an unstable develoment version of Pylons.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.