Pyomo: Python Optimization Modeling Objects
Pyomo is a Python-based open-source software package that supports a diverse set of optimization capabilities for formulating and analyzing optimization models. Pyomo can be used to define symbolic problems, create concrete problem instances, and solve these instances with standard solvers. Pyomo supports a wide range of problem types, including:
- Linear programming
- Quadratic programming
- Nonlinear programming
- Mixed-integer linear programming
- Mixed-integer quadratic programming
- Mixed-integer nonlinear programming
- Mixed-integer stochastic programming
- Generalized disjunctive programming
- Differential algebraic equations
- Mathematical programming with equilibrium constraints
Pyomo supports analysis and scripting within a full-featured programming language. Further, Pyomo has also proven an effective framework for developing high-level optimization and analysis tools. For example, the PySP package provides generic solvers for stochastic programming. PySP leverages the fact that Pyomo's modeling objects are embedded within a full-featured high-level programming language, which allows for transparent parallelization of subproblems using Python parallel communication libraries.
Pyomo was formerly released as the Coopr software library.
Pyomo is available under the BSD License, see the LICENSE.txt file.
Pyomo is currently tested with the following Python implementations:
- CPython: 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7
- PyPy: 2, 3
pip install pyomo
conda install -c conda-forge pyomo
Pyomo development moved to this repository in June, 2016 from Sandia National Laboratories. Developer discussions are hosted by google groups.
By contributing to this software project, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions for your contributions:
- You agree your contributions are submitted under the BSD license.
- You represent you are authorized to make the contributions and grant the license. If your employer has rights to intellectual property that includes your contributions, you represent that you have received permission to make contributions and grant the required license on behalf of that employer.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Pyomo-5.6.4-py2-none-any.whl (2.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2|
|Pyomo-5.6.4-py3-none-any.whl (2.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|Pyomo-5.6.4.tar.gz (18.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|