Qt plotting widgets for Python
Purpose and Motivation
The PythonQwt project was initiated to solve -at least temporarily- the obsolescence issue of PyQwt (the Python-Qwt C++ bindings library) which is no longer maintained. The idea was to translate the original Qwt C++ code to Python and then to optimize some parts of the code by writing new modules based on NumPy and other libraries.
The PythonQwt package consists of a single Python package named qwt and of a few other files (examples, doc, …).
Main code base:
- Copyright © 2002 Uwe Rathmann, for the original Qwt C++ code
- Copyright © 2015 Pierre Raybaut, for the Qwt C++ to Python translation and optimization
- Copyright © 2015 Pierre Raybaut, for the PythonQwt specific and exclusive Python material
PyQt, PySide and Python2/Python3 compatibility modules:
- Copyright © 2009-2013 Pierre Raybaut
- Copyright © 2013-2015 The Spyder Development Team
- Copyright © 2003-2009 Gerard Vermeulen, for the original PyQwt code
- Copyright © 2015 Pierre Raybaut, for the PyQt5/PySide port and further developments (e.g. ported to PythonQwt API)
The qwt Python package was partly (>95%) translated from Qwt C++ library: the associated code is distributed under the terms of the LGPL license. The rest of the code was either wrote from scratch or strongly inspired from MIT licensed third-party software. See included LICENSE file for more details about licensing terms.
The qwt package is a pure Python implementation of Qwt C++ library with the following limitations.
The following Qwt classes won’t be reimplemented in qwt because more powerful features already exist in guiqwt: QwtPlotZoomer, QwtCounter, QwtEventPattern, QwtPicker, QwtPlotPicker.
Only the following plot items are currently implemented in qwt (the only plot items needed by guiqwt): QwtPlotItem (base class), QwtPlotItem, QwtPlotMarker, QwtPlotSeriesItem and QwtPlotCurve.
See “Overview” section in [documentation](http://pythonhosted.org/PythonQwt/) for more details on API limitations when comparing to Qwt.
- Python >=2.6 or Python >=3.0
- PyQt4 >=4.4 or PyQt5 >= 5.5
- NumPy >= 1.5
- guidata >= 1.7 for the GUI-based test launcher
From the source package: python setup.py install
The GUI-based test launcher may be executed from Python:
from qwt import tests tests.run()
or from the command line: PythonQwt-tests.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size PythonQwt-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (215.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size PythonQwt-0.4.0.zip (686.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for PythonQwt-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl