Advanced GPIO for the Raspberry Pi. Extends RPi.GPIO with GPIO interrups, TCP socket interrupts, a command line tool and more
RPIO is an advanced GPIO module for the Raspberry Pi.
- GPIO input and output (drop-in replacement for RPi.GPIO)
- GPIO interrupts (callbacks when events occur on input gpios)
- TCP socket interrupts (callbacks when tcp socket clients send data)
- PWM via DMA (up to 1µs resolution; 500kHz)
- Command-line tools rpio and rpio-curses
- Well documented, fast source code with minimal CPU usage
- Open source (GPLv3+)
The easiest way to install/update RPIO on a Raspberry Pi is with either easy_install or pip:
$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools $ sudo easy_install -U RPIO
After the installation you can use import RPIO as well as the command-line tools rpio and rpio-curses.
RPIO is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
RPIO is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size RPIO-0.9.1.tar.gz (37.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|