A module to control Raspberry Pi GPIO channels
This package provides a class to control the GPIO on a Raspberry Pi.
Note that this module is unsuitable for real-time or timing critical applications.
Note that the current release does not support SPI, I2C or serial functionality on the RPi.
Example Usage :
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO # set up the GPIO channels - one input and one output GPIO.setup(11, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(12, GPIO.OUT) # input from pin 11 input_value = GPIO.input(11) # output to pin 12 GPIO.output(12, True) # the same script as above but using BCM GPIO 00..nn numbers GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) GPIO.setup(17, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(18, GPIO.OUT) input_value = GPIO.input(17) GPIO.output(18, True)
- Changed status from alpha to beta
- Added setmode() to be able to use BCM GPIO 00.nn channel numbers
- Renamed InvalidPinException to InvalidChannelException
- Fixed direction bug
- Added MANIFEST.in (to include missing file)
- Changed GPIO channel number to pin number
- Tested and working!
- Added GPIO table
- Fixed a few critical bugs
- Still completely untested!
- Internal refactoring. Still completely untested!
- First version. Completely untested until I can get hold of a Raspberry Pi!