RestrictedPython provides a restricted execution environment for Python, e.g. for running untrusted code.
RestrictedPython is a defined subset of the Python language which allows to provide a program input into a trusted environment.
For full documentation please see http://restrictedpython.readthedocs.io/ or the local docs/index.
- Mostly complete rewrite based on Python AST module. [loechel (Alexander Loechel), icemac (Michael Howitz), stephan-hof (Stephan Hofmockel), tlotze (Thomas Lotze)]
- switch to pytest
- The compile_restricted* functions now return a namedtuple CompileResult instead of a simple tuple.
- Add name check for names assigned during imports using the from x import y format.
- Add test for name check when assigning an alias using multiple-context with statements in Python 2.7.
- Add tests for protection of the iterators for dict and set comprehensions in Python 2.7.
- Remove support for DocumentTemplate.sequence - this is handled in the DocumentTemplate package itself.
- Remove a testing dependency on zope.testing.
- Add tests for Utilities module.
- Filter DeprecationWarnings when importing Python’s sets module.
- Drop legacy support for Python 2.1 / 2.2 (__future__ imports of nested_scopes / generators.).
- Fix deprecation warning: with is now a reserved keyword on Python 2.6. That means RestrictedPython should run on Python 2.6 now. Thanks to Ranjith Kannikara, GSoC Student for the patch.
- Add tests for ternary if expression and for with keyword and context managers.
- Changed homepage URL to the PyPI site
- Improve README.txt.
- Fix http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2295: Bare conditional in a Zope 2 PythonScript followed by a comment causes SyntaxError.
- RestrictedPython now has its own release cycle as a separate project.
- Synchronized with RestrictedPython from Zope 2 tree.
- Corresponds to the verison of the RestrictedPython package shipped as part of the Zope 3.2.0 release.
- No changes from 3.1.0.
- Corresponds to the verison of the RestrictedPython package shipped as part of the Zope 3.1.0 release.
- Remove unused fossil module, SafeMapping.
- Replaced use of deprecated whrandom module with random (aliased to whrandom for backward compatibility).
- Corresponds to the verison of the RestrictedPython package shipped as part of the Zope X3.0.0 release.