A brave fork of a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Srango is a high-level Python Web framework based on Django but with removed all unneceessary and evil stuff. Srango encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Thanks for checking it out.
All documentation is outdated. Do not read anything. If you want read something just buy good books.
- Differences to Django:
- removed django.contrib.admin
- removed django.contrib.contenttypes
- removed django.contrib.gis
- removed django.contrib.flatpages
- removed django.contrib.redirects
- removed django.contrib.sites
- removed django.contrib.postgres
- removed powerless database support (django.db) including lame migrations
- removed html-only poor forms
- removed any database dependencies and default models from django.contrib.auth and django.contrib.sessions
- removed generic views (based on django.db only and hard-to-use CBV)
- remove all html-only-related stuff to make Srango as real generic web framework (i.e. unreadable output of error 500 pages in DEBUG mode)
- extend or wrap URLs dispatcher and provide registering resources to avoid handling many HTTP methods within one callback
- convert contrib.auth to thin wrapper of authorization and authentication or remove it to separate package
- provide common interface for database connections with adaptors to popular APIs (SQLAlchemy, pure DBAPI, etc..)
- keep it simple
- provide more flexible tool for rapid development
- To contribute to Srango:
- keep eyes wide open
- fork Srango repository and make good changes
Django is good … but can be better.