Multiprotocol Web Services for TurboGears 1.x
TurboGears gives you a plain HTTP with JSON return values API for your application for free. This isn’t always what you want, though. Sometimes, you don’t want to expose all of the data to the web that you need to render your templates. Maybe you need to support a protocol that names the function it’s calling as part of what it POSTs such as SOAP or XML-RPC.
TGWebServices provides a super simple API for creating web services that are available via SOAP, HTTP->XML, and HTTP->JSON. The SOAP API generates WSDL automatically for your Python and even generates enough type information for statically typed languages (Java and C#, for example) to generate good client code on their end.
How easy is it?
class Multiplier(WebServicesRoot): @wsexpose(int) @wsvalidate(int, int) def multiply(self, num1, num2): return num1 * num2
The great thing about this is that the code above looks like a ‘’‘normal Python function’‘’ and doesn’t know a thing about web services.
A more complete documentation can be found at http://wiki.tgws.googlecode.com/hg/index.html.
- Easiest way to expose a web services API
- Supports SOAP, HTTP+XML, HTTP+JSON
- Outputs wrapped document/literal SOAP, which is the most widely compatible format
- Provides enough type information for statically typed languages to generate conveniently usable interfaces
- Can output instances of your own classes
- Can also accept instances of your classes as input
- Works with TurboGears 1.0 and 1.1
- MIT license allows for unrestricted use
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|TGWebServices-1.2.4-py2.5.egg (68.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Aug 30, 2010|
|TGWebServices-1.2.4-py2.6.egg (68.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6||Aug 30, 2010|
|TGWebServices-1.2.4.tar.gz (20.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Aug 30, 2010|