Talaria, a geek-friendly content management system
Talaria is a tiny but ambitious project which aims to create lightweight, elegant, easy to extend geek-friendly content management system. Primary goal of the project is to offer people an easy way to manage simple hierarchical trees of HTML-documents, such as web-sites, documentation, etc.
- Content should be easy modifiable with standard geek-friendly tools, such as command-line utilities and text editors.
- Content should be easy modifiable with software (from python, shell scripts or even from C-code) as well.
- API should be easy to understand and should afford convenient way to extend Talaria abilities with minimal effort from the user.
- Page layouts should be customizable and the customization should not require any significant effort.
Features and design decisions
- Manage hierarchical structure of static web pages.
- Versioned storage with ability to restore content to any arbitrary version in history.
- Work as a mercurial extension.
- Incremental updates, change tracking. Updates in templates, source and media files involve rebuilding of implicated pages only.
- Markdown and plain HTML support.
- Customizable Jinja2 templates.
- Customizable and inheritable page settings.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Talaria-0.2.0.tar.gz (12.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|