Optimizing compiler for evaluating mathematical expressions on CPUs and GPUs.
Theano is a Python library that allows you to define, optimize, and efficiently evaluate mathematical expressions involving multi-dimensional arrays. It is built on top of NumPy. Theano features:
- tight integration with NumPy: a similar interface to NumPy’s. numpy.ndarrays are also used internally in Theano-compiled functions.
- transparent use of a GPU: perform data-intensive computations up to 140x faster than on a CPU (support for float32 only).
- efficient symbolic differentiation: Theano can compute derivatives for functions of one or many inputs.
- speed and stability optimizations: avoid nasty bugs when computing expressions such as log(1 + exp(x)) for large values of x.
- dynamic C code generation: evaluate expressions faster.
- extensive unit-testing and self-verification: includes tools for detecting and diagnosing bugs and/or potential problems.
Theano has been powering large-scale computationally intensive scientific research since 2007, but it is also approachable enough to be used in the classroom (IFT6266 at the University of Montreal).
Theano 1.0.1 (6th of December, 2017)
This is a maintenance release of Theano, version 1.0.1, with no new features, but some important bug fixes.
We recommend that everybody update to this version.
Highlights (since 1.0.0):
- Fixed compilation and improved float16 support for topK on GPU
- NB: topK support on GPU is experimental and may not work for large input sizes on certain GPUs
- Fixed cuDNN reductions when axes to reduce have size 1
- Attempted to prevent re-initialization of the GPU in a child process
- Fixed support for temporary paths with spaces in Theano initialization
- Spell check pass on the documentation
A total of 6 people contributed to this release since 1.0.0:
- Frederic Bastien
- Steven Bocco
- Arnaud Bergeron
- Sam Johnson
- Edward Betts
- Simon Lefrancois
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Theano-1.0.1.tar.gz (2.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|