The TracDocs project is a plugin for the [trac](https://trac.edgewall.org/)
project management tool.
Many documents exists adjacent to the code that is being developed and
managed. These documents are not conveniently stored in a wiki due to the lack
of offline access and editing. Also, a wiki tends to be less structured than
the documentation that lives with source code.
The TracDocs plugin adds a "Docs" tab to the trac project. Underneath this
tab can be found all of the documentation that the current logged in user has
* Uses [RestructuredText](http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html) as a
* Supports inline images and links.
* Highlights source code using google-code-prettify.
* Supports editing through Subversion and the Trac website.
* Handles user permission using Subversion authorization.
* Supports downloading binaries with proper mime-types for non-text files.
Note: this plugin respects the access rights of the user that is logged in.
The TracDocs plugin can be installed using standard:
$ pip install tracdocs
Or, grab the sources and build using:
$ python setup.py install
It is configured in the ``trac.ini`` file by enabling the component and
configuring the path within the Subversion repository to store the wiki
tracdocs.* = enabled
root = wiki/trunk
By default, it will show the title of the directory that you are navigating,
but if you create an ``index.txt`` file in the directory, it will use that
instead, allowing you to put additional documentation at the top of a
It uses the ``WIKI_VIEW`` permissions to control access to the documentation
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.