Provides support for ticket dependencies and master tickets.
Adds basic ticket dependencies for Trac.
Note: MasterTickets 3.0 requires Trac 0.12 or higher.
What is it?
This plugin adds “blocks” and “blocked by” fields to each ticket, enabling you to express dependencies between tickets. It also provides a graphviz-based dependency-graph feature for those tickets having dependencies specified, allowing you to visually understand the dependency tree. The dependency graph is viewable by clicking ‘depgraph’ in the context (in the upper right corner) menu when viewing a ticket that blocks or is blocked by another ticket.
What is it not?
- It does not provide ticket-hiding for sub-tasks of a top-level ticket.
- There is no orthogonal parent/child relationship possible
- You cannot view the descriptions of tickets depending on the current ticket
- In fact, there are no explicit features that can assist you with sub-task management
- Although it would be cool.
- It does not allow you to create a dependent ticket from the current ticket
- It does not include reporting features to show how tasks are interrelated (other than the dependency graph already described above).
To use this plugin you must configure two custom fields named blocking and blocked_by.
All other configuration options go in the [mastertickets] section.
- dot_path : optional, default: dot
- Path to the dot executable. This is only used for the dependency graph.
- use_gs : optional, default: False
- If enabled, use ghostscript to produce a nicer dependency graph.
- gs_path : optional, default: gs
- Path to the ghostscript executable.
To enable the plugin:
[components] mastertickets.* = enabled [ticket-custom] blocking = text blocking.label = Blocking blockedby = text blockedby.label = Blocked By
While the two field names must be blocking and blocked_by, you are free to use any text for the field labels.
To use a locally-built graphviz:
[mastertickets] dot_path = /usr/local/bin/dot [components] mastertickets.* = enabled [ticket-custom] blocking = text blocking.label = Blocking blockedby = text blockedby.label = Blocked By
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size TracMasterTickets-3.0.1-py2.6.egg (44.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.6||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size TracMasterTickets-3.0.1.tar.gz (30.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for TracMasterTickets-3.0.1-py2.6.egg