THIS VERSION CONTAINS A FATAL BUG, USE 3.5.157 INSTEAD
- Allows for classical OO programming with multiple inheritance using pure Python syntax, parsed by CPython’s native parser
- Hierarchical URL based module system to prevent name conflicts
- Multi-level sourcemaps and optional annotation of target code with source references
- Compact downloads, kB’s rather than MB’s
- Operator overloading can be switched on and off locally to facilitate use for numerical math that’s both readable and efficient
Transcription once used to be manual labour
Documentation with code examples
Take a look at the documentation with code examples at the Transcrypt website: http://www.transcrypt.org .
- Multi-level sourcemaps, annotated target code, virtualenv installation.
- Automated tests of functionality of compiled code OK.
- Reasonable amount of manual testing of the use of sourcemaps done by author.
- Further tests and feedback very welcome, especially of the source maps part.
- Sourcemaps were tested on Chrome under Windows and Linux, but seem to work on Firefox under Linux as well.
- Python random module added, only most important functionality: seed, randint, choice, random
- Python math module added, almost all functionality
- Live on-line SVG based turtle graphics added to website + demo’s
- Turtle graphics improved and expanded
- SVG based turtle graphics module added
- Multiple module initialization bug fixed
- Alias py_name (in JS) for name (in Python) added
- Installation procedure changed to benefit from virtualenv
- Optional annotation of target code with source file names and source line numbers
- Source code included in map rather than separate as was the case earlier
- Switched from sectored V3 sourcemaps to monolithic V3 sourcemaps since they seem more mature and accepted
- Not all methods of builtin types are there by default. This results from a deliberate choice to keep Transcrypt lean. Such things can be distributed in separate libs.
- No eval and exec of Python code. This is again part of the concept. Transcrypt code is compiled, optimized and minified in advance to warant fast page loads.
Other packages you might like
- Multi-module Python source code obfuscator: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Opy
- PLC simulator with Arduino code generation: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SimPyLC
- A lightweight Python course taking beginners seriously (under construction): https://pypi.python.org/pypi/LightOn
- Event driven evaluation nodes: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Eden
Copyright 2014, 2015, 2016 Jacques de Hooge, GEATEC engineering, www.geatec.com
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.