- Allows for classical OO programming with multiple inheritance using pure Python syntax, parsed by CPython’s native parser
- Hierarchical URL based module system to prevent name conflicts
- Multi-level sourcemaps and optional annotation of target code with source references
- Compact downloads, kB’s rather than MB’s
- Operator overloading can be switched on and off locally to facilitate use for numerical math that’s both readable and efficient
Transcription once used to be manual labour
Documentation with code examples
Take a look at the documentation with code examples at the Transcrypt website: http://www.transcrypt.org .
Release 4 (version 3.5.161):
- Almost all of the math module and most important part of random module added
- Most important part of turtle module added. Uses SVG, see editable examples at: http://www.transcrypt.org/live/turtle_site/turtle_site.html
- Multi-level sourcemaps, annotated target code, virtualenv installation.
- Automated tests of functionality of compiled code OK.
- Manual tests of sourcemaps and random module OK.
- Further tests and feedback very welcome.
- Sourcemaps were tested on Chrome under Windows and Linux, but seem to work on Firefox under Linux as well.
- Functions print and input can now use DOM element with id __terminal__, blocking I/O done with popup dialog and echoed to __terminal__
- Fix for issue #60: Python bool () not translated, testcase added, bitwise ops tested as well
- Fix for issue #61: ‘-h produces traceback’, tested
- iOS web app demo added, full screen, native look and feel, also works off-line. Add it to the home screen of your iPhone and click the prepacked icon. Tested on iPhone 5 and 6. Also works in any browser. Write once…
- Not all methods of builtin types are there by default. This results from a deliberate choice to keep Transcrypt lean. Such things can be distributed in separate libs.
- No eval and exec of Python code. This is again part of the concept. Transcrypt code is compiled, optimized and minified in advance to warant fast page loads.
Other packages you might like
- Multi-module Python source code obfuscator: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Opy
- PLC simulator with Arduino code generation: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SimPyLC
- A lightweight Python course taking beginners seriously (under construction): https://pypi.python.org/pypi/LightOn
- Event driven evaluation nodes: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Eden
Copyright 2014, 2015, 2016 Jacques de Hooge, GEATEC engineering, www.geatec.com
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.