Write tweets to database
Download tweets into a CouchDB database
- Flexible: works with any Twitter endpoint (REST API or Streaming API).
- Geocode lookup for the Twitter user location using Google’s Map geocode service.
- Uses CouchDB for storage.
Install Python packages TweetBase and dependencies:
pip install TweetBase
The first time the script is executed the database is created. For example, to store tweets in a database called “tw_test” and to stream tweets that contain “pizza”, run this command:
- python -m TweetBase.TweetBase
- -couchurl http://127.0.0.1:5984 -dbname tw_test -endpoint statuses/filter -parameters track=pizza
The TweetBase script downloads tweets and stores them into the specified database. Tweet meta data is stored separately from the user meta data. This is done so user data is only stored once in the database. The two types of records are differentiated by the “type” field, which is either TWITTER_STATUS or TWITTER_USER.
The same time that a new database is created, some views are also created. These views are: