Universal Competitive Programming Suite helps you work faster in programming competitions
A tool to quickly compile and run different source files using same command
Universal allows you to quickly compile, build and run files. Universal make it very easy to compile any source code and create & execute corresponding files.
Let us say you want to compile batman.c.
That is around 114 keystrokes with these options that I use for ICPC practice. Now you need to type ./batman.out to execute.
Typing effort is reduces even more if you use tab for filename prediction i.e type u followed by space and then first word of file b and hit tab. Voila, hit enter.
After pressing enter universal will do following things for you:
- It will compile your batman.c (with a lot of awesome gcc commandline options & flags already set).
- After compiling it will create an executable named batman.out
- Give you instructions to copy-paste for editing or executing.
- You may also use u batman.out to execute the executable just created.
With universal installed you just need to type 3 keystrokes to compile and execute any type of source code.
Best part you don’t need to remember anything, not even the name of compiler. Forget the command name & its syntax and all those stupid, long but helpful command line options which are different for each compiler.
You can use the same command/syntax u filename.extension to build & run any source code. Yes any type of source file. Universal will either run it or tell you how to install its compiler. Universal supports a large variety of languages including c, c++, java, python and many more.
pip3 install universal
After completing installation you can type command name universal --help or universal -h or the easiest and fastest version of command u -h and just hit enter to get usage instruction and help.
List of command line options:
- u --help or u -h - get help
- u --update or u -u - update software to the latest developement version with many bug fixes
- u --download or u -d - download latest source code in a .zip file
- u --problem or u -p - Report problems, bugs, issues etc.
- u <filename>.c t - Perform a memory test while running the executable
To get latest version of Universal type u -u or do pip install --upgrade universal
It is recommended that you update the software after every few weeks.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Universal-2.0.0.tar.gz (12.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|