X-Plane hassle free package installer
Support the Developer: Answer some Questions
To get a good understanding what you want please take 2 minutes to answer a couple of questions on the use http://bit.ly/XPPKGQ1
Installation of Scenery, Aircraft, NavData, Plugins are a pain. The sim-community is flooded with good (and bad) quality add-ons and extentions. Finding them, arranging them and browsing all sites to find your own golden flightsimulator ‘installation’ is always a pain.
After returning to X-plane after a few years (coming from the MS-FS world), nothing that much changed. For that reason it is aimed to create XPpkg:
- XPpkg is a hassle-free X-Plane package installer, much alike pip in python: to download, install and upgrade various X-Plane packages from various internet sources.
- XPpkg for developers of packages for X-Plane should be a hassle free way to distribute their packages
Main inspiration comes from my work within the *NIX world (That is essential Linux and the *NIX with the best graphical UI on top: Mac OSX) and python.
Python Package Management Examples:
- pip installer for Python http://www.pip-installer.org/
- easy_install for Python
- PyPI is an important integration for both
Various Linux Examples:
- apt, apt-get, aptitude, dpkg originally created for Debian/GNU Linux
Mac OSX Package Management Examples:
- rubygems (http://rubygems.org/)
A github repository will function for now as the main place for collaboration at https://github.com/jberends/xppkg
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|XPpkg-0.3dev.3-py2.7.egg (48.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7|
|XPpkg-0.3dev.3.tar.gz (381.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|