X-Plane hassle free package installer
This document desribes the main philisophy why xppkg was created.
Installation of Scenery, Aircraft, NavData, Plugins are a pain. The sim-community is flooded with good (and bad) quality resources, and arranging and browsing all sites to find your own golden installation is always a pain. After returning to X-plane from the FS world after a few years, nothing changed.
- XPpkg is a hassle-free X-Plane package installer, much alike pip in python: to download, install and upgrade various X-Plane packages from various internet sources.
- XPpkg for developers of packages for X-Plane should be a hassle free way to distribute their packages
Main inspiration comes from my work within the *NIX world (That is essential Linux and the *NIX with the best graphical UI on top: Mac OSX) and python.
Python Package Management Examples:
- pip installer for Python http://www.pip-installer.org/
- easy_install for Python
- PyPI is an important integration for both
Various Linux Examples:
- apt, apt-get, aptitude, dpkg originally created for Debian/GNU Linux
Mac OSX Package Management Examples:
- rubygems (http://rubygems.org/)
A github repository will function for now as the main place for collaboration at https://github.com/jberends/xppkg
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|XPpkg-0.3dev.0-py2.7.egg (22.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7|
|XPpkg-0.3dev.0.tar.gz (13.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|